Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Cardstock Carnival - Tag layout

 It has been a little while!!  Life has been busy! But today, I have a layout to share that was inspired by the art department at Close To My Heart during their cardstock carnival celebration in March.  The layout could be easily re-created using border cuts from Cricut or other sources.  

The original art work was a cute little accordion book, however when I first saw it all I could think of was Shamrock right??  So this was the project for those who attended my "no-perks" day on Shamrock Thursday.  I really am not very good at following my own "no perks" rules  as participants still receive a project and supplies just not me teaching them.


Isn't this book just adorable?

So from here, I opted to make this into a 2-page 12" x 12" layout.  I used White Daisy as my base and used Limeaide, Clover and Evergreen for the shades of green.  The die cuts were pre-cut from CTMH and the string was a generic string that I had in my stash.  I sized, and cut, all of the tags on my Cricut.  For the Evergreen tag, I stamped the rainbow image from the current Operation Smile stamp set in Evergreen Exclusive Ink.  For the final touch, I added the Limeaide Enamel Dots from the Hunny Bunny Dot collection and some hand stitching using a White Gel Pen.  I, for one, am quite delighted with how the layout came together, and furthermore turned out.  

Here is the finished layout, as well as some close-ups.


The sentiment was stamped with a rock-and-roll technique of Limeaide and Clover Exclusive Inks.  The hearts are stamped with Limeaide Exclusive Ink and the cloud is stamped with Clover Exclusive Ink.



The rainbow was stamped with Evergreen Exclusive Ink.



Supplies used:  (X6030) Evergreen cs, (X6040) Clover cs, (X6075) Limeaide cs, (Z6512) Evergreen Exclusive Ink Pad, (Z6575) Limeaide Exclusive Ink Pad, (Z6507) Clover Exclusive Ink Pad, (1385) White Daisy cs, (X7302D) Hunny Bunny Enamel Dots, (D2190) Your Smile Operation Smile Stamp Set.  Additionally,  Thin Foam Tape, white string.  Current items are available on my website at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.

Have a Sassy Day!
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment