Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Cricut Layouts converted to cards!

One of the amazon advantages to Cricut images is that they can be manipulated, reshaped or resized to fit a variety of projects - often ones completely different than the original purpose.  Case in point - the cards that I have created below were all created from a Cricut file that was designed as an 8 1/2" x 11" scrapbooking page!  Go figure!

Let me explain.  

Close to My Heart introduced a new digital Cricut Collection in November called Love Each Day.  The collection has cards and layout designs in various sizes.  This is the layout that I worked with.  It was originally designed as an 8 1/2" x 11" one page layout.  I deleted some of the images and elements and resized it to fit an A-2 card (4 14" x 5 1/2").  


This is what the layout design looked like after my alterations:


From this original design, I created the first card which I used the Cricut design and added additional stamped images to complete my sentiment.  The banner and the sentiments are all popped up with Thin Foam Tape.


I then took the same design and left off the White Daisy circle top layer.  I loved how the stripes formed a pattern so this worked great for me.  I created a circle based on a technique that I learned during the January Album Retreat with CTMH, popped the circle up on foam and accented it with the adorable little stamped images from the Under the Weather Stamp and Thin Cuts set.


Here is the stamp set, with Thin Cuts, that I used.  So many possibilities right?


Finally, I took the layout image one step farther and created this acrylic card.  Here, I used just the circle overlay from the original design.  I again used the Under the Weather stamp set and Thin Cut set.


Here is what the card looks like open.


This new, and exciting, Cricut collection in only available through CTMH Makers.  You can order this collection by clicking here and I will receive a small compensation (and my thanks).

The card kit for these cards, plus one additional card, are available in my In All Sassiness Designs Shop.




The supplies used in this projects are:  (Z4401) Under the Weather stamp and Thin Cuts, (X5968) Lagoon cs, (Z2895) Lagoon Exclusive Ink, (X6059) Shortbread cs, (Z6530) Shortbread Exclusive Ink, (X5978) Glacier cs, (1385) White Daisy cs, (X6042) Mint cs, (X254) Value Cards and Envelopes, (Z3314) Black and White Dots, (Z341) Mini Glue Dots, (Z3440) Dual Glue Pen, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape, (Z5024) Red Line Tape.  All supplies that are current may be purchased at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.

Sassfully yours,
Tonya





No comments:

Post a Comment