Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Glitter Leaves & Flip Flap Layout

Originally created, and shared back in the fall, I just realized that I never posted this layout here on my blog, and as it is a true gem to my heart, I wanted to make sure that I did so.

This layout pairs our wood grain papers with the "autumn" color palette both in our cs and in our glitter paper.  I used both the Rose Gold Loose Sequins and the Rose Gold Liquid Pearls to really pop the shades of Desert Rose.


Flip flaps open


Each leaf, and its vein, were hand cut using the Thin Cuts for a sheer touch of elegance.  They are then layered, some popped up with Thin Foam tape, to create the wreath on the left page and then to carry over the design element to the right page with the border.

details of leaves



Unlike many of my layouts, and page designs, this layout was designed, and created just for me: to work with my personal pictures and to tell a story that needed to be remembered by my children.  It was a truly personal and special act of remembrance for us.  Because of such, we had much journaling and that was shared under the flip flap.

But then, once I finished my layout, I loved it so much, and had so many compliments, that I decided to make it into a kit.  My title, of course, is custom, so the kit includes 1/2 sheets of the coordinating cardstock so that you can create your own titles.  It also includes cardstock for the mats in the case that you want to change your picture sizes.  All of the leaves (the very time consuming part of this layout) have been pre-cut for you so you can just have the artsy fun of creating the layout.

This kit is available in my shop at: www.inallsassiness.com.

Supplies used: (Z3692) Leaf Thin Cuts, (Z3231) 4” x 6” Flip Flaps, (Z3232) 5” x 7” Flip Flaps, (X8017) Woodgrain paper, (Z4065) Rose Gold Loose Sequins, (X5951) Espresso cs, (X6044) Peach cs, (X6055) Desert Rose cs, (X6049) Scarlet cs, (Z3842) Desert Rose Glitter Paper, (Z3839) Scarlet Glitter Paper, (Z3793) Rose Gold Liquid Pearls, (Z2060) Thin 3-d Foam tape, (Z341) Thin 3-d Foam Dots, ((Z3372) Adhesive Runner, (Z341) Mini Glue Dots, (Z3340) Dual Tip Permanent Glue Pen. All of the current items may be purchased on my Close To My Heart website at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.

Sassfully yours,

Tonya 

No comments:

Post a Comment