Saturday, January 2, 2021

SJLS #2 Operation De-Stuffed!

Sassy January Layout Series #2

Welcome to the second in the series of 31 that will be shared during the month of January.


Yesterday, Close To My Heart introduced our new Slimline offerings: a Diagonal Stripe Slimline Die and the coordinating card bases and envelopes.  I find this quite rewarding as Slimlines are THE TREND currently in the card making world!  For us that means no more having to cut out the correct size envelope with the Cricut - instead we get to focus on the fun part and the artsy side of creating the card itself!  Love it!

While offering Slimlime products excites me, I am also the type of scrapper that wants to maximize my supplies and get the most for my investment, and then share that with my scrappers.  I have designed several layouts incorporating this die into my layouts!

I love the details of the using the Diagonal Stripe Slimline Thin Cut with my layouts.  For this layout, I cut out the Thin Cut four times.  For the left page, I wanted the piece to be more subtle so I backed with a tone-on-tone patterned paper from the mix-in collection.  For the right page, I cut this out of the Avocado, the Candy Apply polka dot patterned paper and one of the patterned Mix In Papers and then backed them each with the Espresso cs.  I then layered the three pieces on top of Espresso - the backing made the pieces be more uniform and allowed each to showcase itself better.

Once the layering of the Thin Cut backed pieces, a PML card for the right page, zip strips, and other patterned papers were adhered, all of the photo mats were popped up with Thin Foam Tape and I then used the Sweet Safari Puffy Stickers to accent both the photos and in clusters around the photographs.  I adore how all the layering came into play!



This is my personal layout with pictures of my sweet Sammy!  She LOVES to de-stuff any toy that is given to her and she is not satisfied until the squeaker is removed and the toy is completely destuffed!  That makes her so happy and she will play with the "body" that remains for months and months.  

While this Christmas gift might seem like a waste, it was the best $8 that Santa spent as it brought pure joy to her!


-----------------------------------------------

Today's partnering special features the Diagonal Stripe Slimline Thin Cut and a pack of the Slimline Cards and Envelopes. You may this combination set for $25.    There is nothing additional for shipping or tax so it is a great savings to try out this fabulous product that you are most certainly going to fall in love with!  This special is available until 9:59am on 1-3-2021.




This special, and layout kit,  are available in my shop at: www.inallsassiness.com as a part of the Sassy January Layout Series.  For more details on this series, click here.

Supplies used:  (X5951) Espresso cs, (X6053) Avocado cs, (X6038) Candy Apple cs, (X7265S) Sweet Safari paper pack and stickers, (X7265E) Sweet Safari Puffy Stickers, (X7265D) Sweet Safari PML Cards, (Z3908) Diagonal Stripe Slimline Thin Cuts, 

These supplies can be purchased at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.


1 comment:

  1. Adorable layout- my dogs do the same thing- or at least they did when they were a little younger.

    ReplyDelete