Thursday, January 21, 2021

SJLS # 12 From My Perspective Layout

Sassy January Layout Series #12

Welcome to the 12th segment in a series of 31 that will be shared during the month of January. Click here to find out more about the Sassy January Layout Series.

The left page of this layout was designed by the Art Department at Close To My Heart for our January Album retreat.  As most of my customers are 2-page-layouts-kind-of-scrappers, I altered the one page into a two page layout.  I added gold foil strips at the top and added additional photo mats on the right page. I am completely delighted with how the layout turned out.  


The stickers really add fun detail to the layout.  This cluster is layered with Thin Foam tape and surrounded by a cluster of Gold Loose Sequins that really pull out the gold foil detail of the Gold Foil patterned paper.


The layers for both pages are using the paper tearing technique.  I tore about 1/4" off of the paper, and tearing towards me so that the white core showed.  If you don't want the white core to show, tear away from you.  I also tore a very small part at a time as when I try to tear faster, it gives much more dramatic mountains and valleys - which I do love for some layouts, but it isn't what i was going for in this one.  The torn edges also would look great ink distressed but for this layout, I really like the white torn edges.


The "from my" was stamped with the alphabet Simple Serif Uppercase (D1966) but any stamped font would work.  I used Black Exclusive Ink (Z2805).  The wooden title is an exclusive item only available in this kit.  While I opted to leave the wooded in it's natural form, it could also be colored with Distress Oxide inks.  Our Home Office used (Z3831) Peeled Paint.  This can be adhered down with Mini-Glue Dots, Liquid Glass, or a Tombow Dual Tip Glue Pen.  I love how the depth gives a slight shadow and more character to the layout.


Here is my personal layout with pictures and journaling:

Layout with Flip Flap closed.

Left page - bullet style jounaling.

Right side with the flip flap open.

Inside flip flap - continued journaling.

Supplies used:  (exclusive) Wooden title, (Z2805) Black Exclusive Ink, (X6030) Evergreen cs, (X6044) Peach cs, (X6055) Desert Rose cs, (X6046) French Vanilla cs, (X7264S) Happiness Lives Here Paper Pack and Stickers, (X9023) Jan-Feb Mix Ins, (X8019) Gold Foil Patterned Paper, (Z3238) Gold Foil Paper, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape,  (Z4235) Loose Gold Sequins, (Z341) Mini-Glue Dots, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner, (Z3440) Tombow Dual Tip Glue Pen (D1966) Simple Serif Uppercase Alphabet Stamp Set.

---------------------------------------------

--

Today's partnering product special in on our fabulous Craft Jars and Loose Sequins.    Each craft jar has the capacity to hold a little more than a full package of Loose Sequins which is completely awesome!  The lids screw on so no more sequins popping up all over the place when you open a hinged lid.  The special includes one package of Craft Jars (which includes 3 jars) and three packages of the Loose Sequins in the color of your choice.  You can indicate your color selections in the note section at checkout.  The product special is valid until 9:59am on 1/23/21.


Both of today's specials are available in my shop at: www.inallsassiness.com as a part of my Sassy January Layout Series.  For more information on this series, click here.

Sassfully yours, 

Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment