Friday, March 6, 2020

Holographic Paper for the win!

At Close To My Heart, we have a new paper type that was introduced earlier this year - it is a Holographic paper and is available in as Oasis color (shades of greens and purples) and a Dreamy (shades of purples and silvers).  


I worked with this paper for the first time last night and am now addicted to it, and it's possibilities!  For starters, and to my surprise, it cuts beautifully on the Cricut.  I set my material to light cardstock and even for intricate cut it cut very clean and seamlessly.  Next, I tried a stitched Thin Cut and the end result was equally beautiful.  The stitches popped and the cut was clean and crisp.  The paper cut easily with my trimmer and adhered down quite nicely.  I was worried about fingerprints but was delighted to discover I could wipe those right off.  As far as appearance - the Holographic was beautiful and added an elegant feel to my project.  I am sold! Overall, my only complaint is that photographing art with the paper doesn't do the paper justice - you simply have to try it for yourself to see it's look and feel.

So, what was my project that I incorporated this paper in?  I created a Tinkerbell layout and wanted to use this for the dandelion.  Breathtaking!  The difference it made was truly amazing!  To see a larger picture of the layout, simply click the layout and it will open in a larger format in a new window.


Left wreath details - Cricut cuts made from the Holographic paper.

Journaling space - to create this look, the Shimmer Trim was cut in half lengthwise and adhered inside the heart wreath.  This serves as journaling lines and the journaling can be written above the trim.

Stitched flower details - right side.
Wreath details - the wreath is multiple layers.  The patterned hearts are adhered underneath the top layer.  The solid hearts are adhered with Thin 3-d foam tape to the base so that they are higher than the top layer.  Partnered together, they complete the layout.

Using many of the same elements, and images, I created these 4 cards to coordinate with the layout.  

Supplies used:  
(X7248) Every Little Thing Paper Pack, (X6032) Wisteria cs, (X6029) Julep cs, (Z3609) Julep Shimmer Trim, (Z3507) Julep Glitter Gems, (Z3570) Wisteria Ribbon, (X6047) Black cs, (X6030) Evergreen cs, (Z3636) Oasis Holographic Paper, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape, (Z3341) Thin Foam Dots, (Z341) Mini Glue Dots, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner. (Z679) Liquid Glass. (retired) Thin Cuts - Stitched Flowers.  The current Close To My Heart products may be purchased on my website by clicking here.

Pre-cut layout kits are now available in my In All Sassiness Designs Shop.  They include all of the pre-cut hearts, flowers and wreaths as well as needed bases, bulk Julep Shimmer Trim and Glitter Gems, detailed instructions and a color photo.  In addition, if you would like an alternate title, I can include the title of your choice for a $2 donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society - just indicate in the message box.  Because this layout does require a lot of adhesive, I have added my participant adhesive add on bundle as an option as well - this includes an Adhesive Runner and package of Foam Tape for $12 which is a $4 discount.  The coordinating card set is available as an add on for $7.50.  

If you prefer to cut your layout yourself, the instruction guide, supply list and digital files are available as an option. These include everything except Tinkerbell's shadow which can be purchased on ETSY for $1.99.  That link is also in the instructions.  The digital files/instructions are $10.  You will need either Cricut Access or the following Digital Cartridges to complete the cutting:  Close To My Heart Flower Market, Cricut Basic Shapes (square), DunJuan Font, Wall Decor and More (basic heart).



No comments:

Post a Comment