Saturday, September 2, 2023

Silly Old Bear - creating with Irresistibles

Irresistibles can be a little intimidating at first, but once you start inking, distressing, and splattering you just can't stop right?  What about layering those distressings and inks?  That is exactly what I did when creating this layout. 

To start, I lightly added Periwinkle Ink to the floral irresistible cardstock with a Blending Brush in a circular pattern.  Next, I added Sapphire Ink in a "swooshing" pattern to the paper being careful to make sure I blotted off the blending brush first on scrap paper so that the Sapphire ink didn't overpower the Periwinkle.  Next, I came back with the Periwinkle and added more ink while blending the two colors together.  Once this was complete, I gave the cardstock a little time to completely dry.  Finally, I went over the entire paper with the Periwinkle Shimmer Brush - for this I used the side of the brush and slowly brushed the shimmer until the paper was completely covered.  

Giving complete coverage of the cardstock with the Shimmer Brush lended the cardstock to bow slightly, or give a warped look.  I covered the cardstock with a piece of wax paper and laid a heavy book on top of the paper for about an hour.  This flattened the paper back out while it dried.  Once the paper was dry, I adhered it to White Daisy cs and continued to create my layout.

For a larger view of the layout, click on the layout and it will open in a new window.

Hive details 

Irresistible title details

Bee details


glitter floral detail





Supplies used:  (X9050) July-August 2023 Mix-ins, (retired) Blue Belle Glitter Paper, (Z4662) Periwinkle Shimmer Trim, (X6067) Periwinkle cs, (1385) White Daisy cs, (Z4675) Irresistibles cardstock, (retired) Deep Water Liquid Pearls, (retired) Bisque Liquid Pearls, (Z4674) Irresistibles Alphabet Stickers, (Z4584) Periwinkle Shimmer Brush, (Z4583) Honey Butter Shimmer Brush, (Z6537) Periwinkle Exclusive Ink Pad, (Z2848) Sapphire Exclusive Ink Pad, (Z4189) Intense Black Exclusive Ink, (S2307) July 2023 Stamp of the Month: The Bee's Knees, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape, (Z7010) Adhesive Runner, (Z4572) Blending Brushes.  The supplies that are current can be purchased in my shop at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.

Have a sassy day!

Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment