Friday, May 19, 2023

Hello Stinkers!

Have you met our little tribe of skunks?  These are little skunks that I would be glad to meet in a dark field!  Introducing Close To My Heart's Little Stinkers!  The Stamp of the Month for the month of May!

A trick that I shared in my card class -  the skunks are much more adorable with a dark, clean stamped image and the best way to accomplish that is to use a new, or freshly re-inked, ink pad! If you don't have this available, try using a MISTI, or alternate stamping platform - by multiple stamping of the same image, you can also achieve that dark, bold and vibrant black color.  

So how do you snag this adorable stamp set?  I am glad you asked!  If you are a VIP, you can earn this stamp set for FREE with a $50 qualifying purchase!  If not, you can still earn this stamp set for $5 with a qualifying purchase.  Click here for more details!  Or course, you can also buy the stamp outright for $19.95.  Whatever method you choose, this is a must have for card makers (in my opinion!)

So now that I have shared the little stinkers, and what I have found is the best way to achieve a great image, I want to share some cards I created with the stamp set!


I adore all four of the cards, but I do believe that this one is my favorite!  The "wash" under the sentiment was created with the Honey Butter Shimmer Brush so it shimmers! Bonus right?  A trick I learned with this is to create your wash, and then let it completely dry before stamping over the wash - otherwise you will likely smear your sentiment.  

Love the noses?? That inspiration was from my dear friend, and cardmaker, Linda Adams!  Once we added the little touch, I just had to add it to every. single. skunk!  

The flowers on the stamped images are colored in with the Raspberry and Flamingo Shimmer Brushes.  

Although hard to see in the photo, each of the smaller stitched circles are popped up with Thin Foam Tape to create a fun depth!


This card used some "controlled" splattering with the Capri Shimmer Brush!  I learned recently that if tap your shimmer brush on the lid for splattering it creates a much finer, and smaller shimmer - almost a mist.  LOVE it!    It is quickly becoming an addictive color to me! I have to be honest, I haven't used much of the Capri before but wow! It is such a beautiful color!

The circle element is from the circle shaker Thin Cuts and window foam HOWEVER, I didn't create it as a shaker - I used the foam circle and adhered the stitched circle directly to the foam for depth.  Super cute idea right?  By adding the White Daisy circle behind the foam, it allowed me to have a "clean" circle for my stamping.  

The little hearts inside the foam rim and stamped with the stamp of the month and then a dollop, or dot, of Ballerina Liquid Pearls were added to the center of each stamped heart.


This card was intentionally created to use some of the circles left from the cutting of the previous two cards - I am all about using all of the fruits leftover from one card, or project, on another!  I added Honey Butter circles that were left from a different project and then cut the three stitched circles to add depth and more character to the card.  Although not truly obvious in the photo, the colored circles are all flat and the stitched circles are all popped up with Thin Foam Tape.

The card also has that fine shimmer splatter from the Capri Shimmer Brush and the centers of the dainty stamped flowers are the Ballerina Liquid Pearls.


For this card, I wanted a little more a  masculine feel so I chose to back the card with Sapphire verses the Capri and pinks.  Paired with that, I used the Deep Water Liquid Pearls verses the Ballerina.  This color is absolutely beautiful!  It is bold and vibrant and works so well with anything Sapphire.

For those who would like to create cards like these, below are the supplies that I used.  For those who would like a pre-cut and pre-stamped kit of this card set.  The set includes 8 cards: 2 each of 4 designs.  Click here for to order your own set, or for ordering details.


Supplies used:  All current supplies are available at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.  (Z4310) Circle Shaker Window Foam & Acetate, (Z4309) Circle Shaker Window Thin Cuts, (Z4583) Honey Butter Shimmer Brush, (Z4288) Capri Shimmer Brush, (Z3606) Raspberry Shimmer Brush, (Z3814) Flamingo Shimmer Brush, (Z3798) Ballerina Liquid Pearls, (Z4602) Deep Water Liquid Pearls, (Z2805) Black Exclusive Ink Pad, (X6050) Flamingo cs, (X5957) Sapphire cs, (1385) White Daisy cs, (X6066) Honey Butter cs, (X6057) Capri cs, (X8033S) Flower Shoppe Paper Pack with Stickers, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner, (Z4105) Circle Windows Slimline Thin Cuts, (X257) Slimline Card Bases & Envelopes, (X254) Value Cards & Envelopes.

Sassfully yours,

Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment