Sunday, February 21, 2021

SJLS #25 Charlotte Stripes Layout

Sassy January Layout Series #25:  Charlotte Stripes Layout

Welcome to the 25th segment in a series of 31 that will be shared during the month of January/early February.    Click here to find out about the Sassy January Layout Series.

Charlotte is such a timeless paper collection.  I absolutely adore it!  The possibilities that it provides for photo options are endless as to the neutral colors and tones in the layout.  I adore that not only does it have the classic Whites, blacks and greys, but there is also a touch of tans and peaches which brighten up the papers as well.  For myself, this collection is perfect to scrapbook my photos from Florence as there are so many ivories, and neutral tones in my photographs.


I really like this design of this layout as it creates balance and simplicity without being too busy.  It comes from the Make It From Your #2 , design #4. .  Of course, I tweaked it to work with my photos which is one of the awesome things you can do with these books!  I really wanted a layout design that worked, or could be adapted to work, with vertical 4" x 6" Flip Flaps. For the photos I intended to use, this was perfect.  I didn't want the artsy-ness of the layout to take away from the focal point.  I chose to use a small and simple time for the same reason.

The patterns of the paper were carried through to the pennants to continue the patterns throughout the layout.

A combination of strips of patterned paper and zip strips create the design behind the photographs.  The patterns compliment each other quite well.  Dark Grey (almost Slate) Dots are used to embellish the layout.



Here is the layout with my pictures:



Supplies used:
  (retired) Charlotte paper, Chelsea Gardens Dots.  (X6047) Black cs, (Z3231) 4" x 6" Flip Flaps, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner, (9042) Make it From Your Heart Vol. 2.  The featured colors are: Sorbet, Black, Whisper, Slate, Champagne and White.

The product special that is partners with this is a Dots Bundle.  When you purchase the Black and White Dots and the In This Together Dots you will receive our brand new Daisy Meadow Dots for free!!  These are available on March 1st, so what a fun pre-view right?  I love the dots!! They are such a simple addition to any project and so versatile!   



Both of these specials can be ordered in my shop at:  www.inallsassiness.com.

Sassfully yours,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment