Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Serenity Gnome Card

In spite of the craziness in this world all around us, there is still cuteness to be found!  Have you noticed that Gnomes are everywhere and so on trend right now?  Close To My Heart has kept up with this trend and has now given us FOUR gnome sets each as equally adorable as the last one.  Today, I am featuring the Garden Gnome Set (paired with the coordinating Thin Cuts) and showing how it can be used with our new Serenity paper collection.

Rarely will you find me using shades of deep blues, deep yellows and gold during football season (they remind me too much of that team up north - and after all I am a Buckeye) but I could not resist with this collection.  They are just so beautiful.

To create the back ground of the card, I trimmed down a Serenity Picture My Life Card, centered and adhered it to a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Sapphire cs.  I used the zip strip from the paper collection as an accent piece to help ground the gnome.  Next, I stamped his little ax with Sapphire Exclusive ink on a scrap of the background paper.  Then I stamped the sentiment on a piece of scrap White Daisy and made the ax into a little sign post. This is adhere to the left lower side of the card.

For my little gnome, I Thin Cut out him out of the White Daisy cs.  I then stamped him with our Intense Black Exclusive Ink Pad and colored him with the Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend Markers Gold Brown, True Blue Shades, Fair Skin Blends and added Black for his shoes.  He is then popped up with Thin Foam Tape to my card.

Once the card front was complete, I used the Gold Shimmer Brush to gently add a dot of Gold to each of the golden dots in the PML card and allowed to dry.  Finally, as a finishing touch, I added three of the Blue Belle Glitter gems around the post of the sign.


Featured Stamp Set & Thun Cuts - Garden Gnomes 
Supplies used:  (Z7001) Blue Belle Glitter Gems, (X7263B) Serenity Paper Pack or (X7263S) Serenity Paper Pack with Stickers, (X7263D) Serenity Picture My Life Cards, (Z2848) Sapphire Exclusive Ink, (Z4189) Intense Black Exclusive Ink Pad, (1385) White Daisy cs, (Z3781) Garden Gnomes Stamp Set & Thin Cuts, (Z3316) Gold Shimmer Brush, (Z2526) True Blue Shades Tri-Blend Marker, (Z2516) Gold Brown Blend Marker, (Z2476) Fair Skin Blend Tri-Blend Marker, (Z2498) Black Tri-Blend Marker, (Z2060) Thin 3-d Foam tape, (Z3341) Thin 3-d Foam Dots, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner, (Z341) Mini Glue Dots, (Z3340) Dual Tip Permanent Glue Pen.  These supplies can be purchased on my Close To My Heart website by clicking here.

Have a great day and make it sassy!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful as always Tonya. I enjoy your art work very much.

    ReplyDelete