Saturday, August 22, 2020

Oh so many "Little Buddies"!

Close To My Heart's stamp set Little Buddies is just about to retire and be placed in the CTMH vault forever.  I just couldn't let this happen before I shared a card that I created with this adorable set!  The animals in this set are so stinkin' cute!!  With a wealth of cute little buddies, the cat and dog are just too cute for words - and my favorites!  This card was inspired by a fellow CTMH consultant Chris Franco and when I saw Chris', I just had to create a version of it for my Stamp and Scrapbook Expo Pet presentation this coming week.


To create the card, I used the rectangle multi-window frame Thin Cuts and stamped underneath the squares inside the windows with the cat and dog leaving a space for paw prints and my sentiment.  Once these were all stamped, I lifted the grid and colored them in with my Tri-Blend markers.  After all of the pets were colored, I used that same multi-window frame that was cut from our new to be released (on Sept. 1st) Wood Grain paper and adhered it over the stamped images.  The combined pieces were then popped up with Thin 3-d Foam tape and adhered to a Black base.  The Black base was then adhered to the card front.  By waiting until after the images were colored, I left myself a little wiggle room in case I messed up on the coloring of one of the images.  If I had, I could simply stamp that pet again on a scrap of paper and adhere it over the original image before the grid was adhered and no one would be the wiser.  Once the grid was put into place, I used the Clear Shimmer Brush to trace over the stitched line.  I love how this adds just a little shimmer to the canvas!

Overall, such a simple card to create, with a wow-factor of returns!


As mentioned, the Little Buddies stamp set retires on August 31st.  It can be still ordered on my CTMH site at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com or can be ordered as a bundle with 4 pre-cut, pre-stamped cards shown here.  This bundle can be found in my In All Sassiness Designs shop at: www.inallsassiness.com.  In addition, if not interested in the stamp set, but still love the cards, those are available separate from the Bundle in my shop as well.  Lots of choices to bring these Little Buddies into your life!


Supplies used:  (X8017) Wood Grain Paper - available September 1st, (C1856) Little Buddies Stamp Set, (1385) White Daisy cs, (X6047) Black cs, (Z4023) Rectangle Multi-Window Thin Cut, (X254) Value Cards and Envelopes,  (Z3293) Clear Shimmer Brush, (Z2479) Gold Brown Tri-Blend Marker, (Z2478) Earth Brown Tri-Blend Marker, (Z4277) Tan Tri-Blend Marker, (Z2475) Brown Grey Tri-Blend Marker, (Z2805) Black Exclusive Ink Pad, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape, (Z341) Mini-Glue Dots, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner.  The current product can be purchased on my website at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.

Sassfully yours,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment