Sunday, August 16, 2020

Flowers, kitties, and wood grains. The perfect combinations!





I love the August Stamp of the Month Floral Celebration, and when I saw this new Wood Grain white plank paper that will be available on September 1st, I had to pair the two together!

When I looked at the wooden plank paper, I couldn't help but notice the shades of white and creams so I wanted to thread both throughout the layout.  That being said, I chose to use the White Daisy and the French Vanilla cardstock together and then stamped the flowers on both shades of cardstock with Espresso and Toffee - both in first and second generation stamping.  Each of the flowers were then cut out by hand, layered with Thin and Regular Foam Tape and then arranged as a flourishing row on a double matted piece of cardstock.  My suggestion if re-creating, stamp several extras from both shades and then piece with what tucks and works well for you.  Once the floral columns were created and adhered down, I stamped the littlest solid flower around the outside edges of the flowers to add a little more character.  In addition, to add some texture, I added some knots of a burlap ribbon to several of the flower centers.

If you look very closely, you will see hidden paw-prints stamped...similar to the concept of the "hidden Mickey's" with Disney.  I discretely stamped little paw-prints within the clustering flowers and on the title piece.  I loved how they added a little bit of fun, and hopefully, a smile or two.  I also added the subtitle "cattitude is everything" from our new Cattitude stamp set.  Super cute and fun!  

August Stamp of the Month - Floral Celebration

Cattitude (available Sept. 1)
(available on September 1, 2020.)

Supplies used:  (coming soon! - X8017) Wood Grain Paper Pack, (S2008) August 2020 Stamp of the Month: Floral Celebration, (coming soon! - D1953) Cattitude, (1385) White Daisy cs, (X6046) French Vanilla cs, (Z2829) Espresso Exclusive Ink, (X5950) Toffee Exclusive Ink, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape, (Z341) Mini-Glue Dots, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner.

If you would like to re-create this layout on your own, the supplies are listed above and may be purchased on my CTMH website at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.  If you would like to purchase a pre-stamped version, it is now available in my shop at: www.inallsassiness.com.  It is available stamped with both the paw-prints stamped and without the paw-prints stamped - you may choose what works best for you!  Please allow about a week for preparation.

Now that I have shared the details of the layouts, I wanted to share how I completed my layout with my personal photographs.  This is our cat Maple (although Gabriel will attest that she is just his)!  She is such sweetheart and has all of our hearts.  These pictures were taken around the time that the Covid-19 began and we joked that she was thinking "when, oh when will these kids go back to school?"!  Regardless of whether these were her thoughts or not, I absolutely adore this picture of her (the one on the left) and HAD to scrapbook it!


Sassfully yours,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment