Sunday, July 26, 2020

Shaker Element Banners

So, I have a confession to make. I am passionately obsessed about our shaker elements!  And not just a little obsessed...we are talking majorly obsessed!  I love to think out-of-the-box and see what I can do with them.  Of course, they are designed for our cards, but have found that I love incorporate them in my scrapbooking layouts, and most recently, I have used them to create both ornaments and banners.

When Close To My Heart first introduced the Summer Vibes collection, the little pink flamingo found in the Acrylic Shapes took my heart! I knew right away that I wanted to use this for home decor in my daughter's room.  She claims that flamingos are her spirit animal and she loves anything pink!  So I played with several ideas and came up the idea of using the shaker elements to create a banner and that I have started, I just cannot stop creating them!  

This is the banner that I created for Abby's room!  It uses our new color that is appropriately called "Flamingo", the Acrylic Shapes, and our Silver Foil paper.  To incorporate the elements that I wanted to use (I wanted three of that cute flower for placement), I used three sets of the Acrylic shapes but you could certainly alter to so that you could use just one set.


Here is a banner that I created to hang on our Christmas tree - but it could easily be used on an interior door or as a wall hanging.  This one was created with a retired paper collection and it is available to purchase in my In All Sassiness Designs shop while supplies last.


Supplies used:  (Z4310) Shaker Window Foam and Acetate, (Z3366) Silver Foil Paper, (retired) Beary Christmas paper, (Z4304) Silver Loose Sequins, (Z341) Mini-Glue Dots, (Z679) Liquid Glass, (X7258C) Summer Vibes Coordinating Cardstock (Flamingo), (X7258E) Summer Vibes Acrylix Shapes, (Z4182) Thin Cuts - Stitched Hearts, (Z4309) Thin Cuts - Shaker Window and Confetti, (Z3563) Diamond Stickles and Ribbon.  Current Close To My Heart products may be purchased at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.

Note:  There will be a video posted soon with a step-by-step on how to create the shaker element banners.

Create sassily!
Tonya


No comments:

Post a Comment