Sunday, March 29, 2020

Oh, Happy Day!

Oh, Happy Day is right!  I am so happy to be sharing this layout with you tonight!  This layout came about as an idea to create something special for all of my scrapbookers that had attended my recent Shamrock Crop - the weekend before all of this craziness reached us here in Virginia.  Our crop was fabulous, yet it was overshadowed by this virus and I knew that many of my attendees were now at home and in the scrappin' mood - as self therapy and to comply with the social distancing.  I wanted to design a layout that they could create at home with the supplies I had already "gifted" them at our event and with me only needing to add a few pieces that could easily, and cost effectively be shipped to them.  At the same time, I have been teaching my clients new, and creative, ways to use our shaker card elements so I wanted to incorporate them into this layout.  So, below is what I came up with!

The layout features the Sapphire, Wisteria and Julep shades found in the Every Little Thing paper collection.  I was able to incorporate two shaker elements both used in different ways and to add some sparkle with the Stickles!  

To see a larger view of the layout, click on the photograph and it will open in a larger window.


Shaker card element one - the butterfly is adhered with Thin 3-d foam tape and the stickers are flat.  The sequins are adhered with Mini Glue Dots underneath the acetate and rim.

Shaker card element two - a "traditional" shaker card but adhered to the layout verses a card.  

Flower details - popped up with Thin 3-d Foam Tape, detailed with Diamond Stickles and Loose Sequins cascading and flourishing around the flowers.  Stickles are dotted inside of the sequins.

Title detail - popped up on Thin 3-D Foam tape and detailed with Diamond Stickles.

Not great at tracing circles for stencils to cut your photos?  No worries, for the smaller photos, I used the Shaker Card dies to cut my photos - the rim for the full circles and the inside of the stitched rim for the smaller matted photos.  Super easy, quick and fun!  That only left the large photo to trace and trim.

For my own personal layout, I used pictures of Abby with Belle during our trip to Disneyworld.  I loved these pictures with this paper collection because several of the pictures have light green and purple undertones in them - created from the dimmed lights.  As there was only one little bit of yellow in the layout - found in one of the flowers - I opted to color a few of the small daisy type flowers with my waterbrush and Canary ink for a soft subtle look and to carry the yellow from the dresses through.


Close up of larger triple matted photo.

Close up of small circle photos.

Supplies used:  (Z2060) Thin 3-d Foam tape, (Z3341) Thin 3-d Foam Dots, ((Z3372) Adhesive Runner, (Z341) Mini Glue Dots, (Z3340) Dual Tip Permanent Glue Pen. (X7248S) Every Little Thing Paper Pack, (1385) White Daisy cs, (X6029) Julep cs, (X6032) Wisteria cs,  (Z4309) Thin Cuts - Shaker Window and Confetti, (Z4310) Shaker Card Foam and Acetate, (Z3566) Julep Loose Sequins, (Z3563) Diamond Stickles.  These items can be purchased by clicking here for my CTMH website: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.

Signature Class kits of this layout are available in my In All Sassiness Designs shop!  You can purchase one of these, and other layout kits designed by myself, by clicking:  www.inallsassiness.com.

Hugs, Tonya




No comments:

Post a Comment