Monday, March 2, 2020

Fun in the Sun Layout!

It has been awhile since my last post as I have been so busy creating like a busy little bee!  Today, Close To My Heart launched a new Spring Idea Book and in it is this beachy Seas the Day collection.  My favorite item in the collection is this stinkin' cute little crab stamp and coordinating Thin Cut that is in the Seas the Day Cardmaking Kit.  This stamp set/Thin Cut set is exclusive to the card making kit however I just had to use it in a layout for two reasons--first, he is just so stinkin' cute (did I say that already?) and second I wanted to show that the card sets can also be used in our scrapbooks making them even more versatile to our collections.  

This is the card making set, and the cards that it is designed to create.  The pun verses are super cute and funny too!


So from this set, I created this 2 page, 12" x 12" layout.  You can click on the layout for it to open in a new window.

If you look closely at the little crab, the title and the different elements, you will see that the Peach and Sapphire Shimmer Brushes were used to accent, highlight and add shimmer to the layout!  Love this effect.  

For the title, I outlined all of the edges of the words "fun" and "sun".  This added to the already brushed type feel of the letters.

For the little crab, I used the Peach Shimmer Brush on the eyes and then again to cover the Thin Cut hearts that follow him in his trail.  These are also all popped up with Thin 3-d foam tape.

For the banner detail, the pennants were stamped with an image from the Seas the Day Scrapbooking Stamp and Thin Cut, hand cut out, adhered down, and I went over the stamped stripes with the Shimmer Brushes.  For the shell, I cut it out, stamped it, and then outlined the edges of the stamped design with the Shimmer Brush. So cute right?


This pre-stamped kit is available in my In All Sassiness Designs shop for purchase for $15.  It includes the pre-stamped images, the needed papers and PML cards, a package of Seas the Day Dots, detailed instructions and a color photo to help you in the creating process.  You can order this at: www.inallsassiness.com.  When ordering your kit, you can add on the featured Shimmer Brushes as well a discounted adhesive bundle should you wish.

The supplies that I have featured are available on my Close To My Heart website at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.  These items are:
(G1200) Seas the Day Cardmaking Workshop Kit, (X7255F) Seas the Day Dots, (X7255B) Seas the Day Paper Pack, (X7255D) Seas the Day PML cards, (Z3701) Seas the Day Scrapbooking Stamp set and Thin Cuts, (Z2896) Smoothie Exclusive Ink, (X5985) Smoothie cs, (Z6502) Peach Exclusive Ink, (X6044) Peach cs, (Z8005) Sapphire Exclusive Ink, (Z3661) Peach Shimmer Brush, (Z3510) Sapphire Shimmer Brush, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner.


No comments:

Post a Comment