Thursday, November 21, 2019

Nativity artwork

This post is a work in progress....so check back for it's completion at a later time.

I absolutely cannot get enough of the Nativity scene image that is on Close To My Heart's new Complete Creativity Cricut Collection!  This Cricut collection is filled with many intricate and amazing designs, but the Nativity one is by far my favorite!  This image was originally designed as a 5" x 7" card however, in my card class we work with 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cards so initially I changed the card size and then continued to create additional cards with different parts of the images (see the cards below).  My favorite project was however the Nativity Shadow Box.  

I designed the shadow box inset initially for a dear friend, and truly had no plans to create additional boxes but I was so delighted with the results that I wanted to make one for myself and then my customers who I had showed it to asked for me to teach it as a class, so here we are!  

The first obstacle in creating the box is that the box is a square and the card format was a rectangle.  Simply changing the size stretched the image too much and distorted it.  So, with that being said, I used duplication tools, the slice tools and the welding tools to change the original image to a new size and shape.  Along with that, I found there was too much height and white space in the image for the new shape, so I duplicated, heightened, flipped, and created a third middle layer in my scene.  This also allowed me to add a third color and create a more depth--and a more 3-d appearance.

12" x 12" Nativity Shadow Box

12" x 12" Nativity inset without glass

details of the depth

Nativity Cricut Card Set



The featured colors are: Sapphire, Black, Pewter, Charcoal and White Daisy.

If you would like to create this shadow box inset, or the card set, both are available in digital files and as traditional kits in my In All Sassiness Designs Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment