Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Polar Bears = complete happiness!

Revisiting a favorite blog post from last November 26, 2014.

So, as most of my followers know, my 8 year old son is passionate (which is really an understatement) about Polar Bears!  He has been studying, watching and loving polar bears since about 9 months old and has stayed very true to his passion.  For several years, Gabriel has asked to dress up as a polar bear and this year we were lucky enough to actually find a costume.  He has almost worn the costume out in just a few short weeks!  When he saw the Coca Cola bears earlier this week on a commercial, he joked that he was a Coca Cola bear.  Then the forecast came in.  And it was to be a "big" snowfall for this early in the season-- and I couldn't resist getting him a few bottles of Coca Cola and letting him have his own little photo shoot!  Gabriel was one happy little polar bear and Mommy, who likes to help the children follow their passions and dreams, couldn't help but smile!

Since the post, I have now scrapbooked the pictures that we took that day and realized when I started seeing Cocoa Cola's new Christmas commercials that I never posted the layout here on my blog.  So, here is the layout - which is by far one of my favorites, and the most meaningful, layouts that I have ever had the pleasure of creating.  Gabriel LOVES looking at his pictures -- so much that I have had to replace the flip flaps at least once -- and they are quite durable.  I have even found the layout in his polar bear cave!  Preserving these cherished memories are why I am so passionate about scrapbooking!

To see larger views of the photos, click on the picture and it will open in a new window.  My apologies for the reflections - I have not found the perfect angle for photographing my art inside of protectors and flip flaps.

Full spread with all flaps closed.

Main layout - left side

Main Layout - right side; closed

Right page with open side flaps

Right page -vertical flaps

right page with vertical and horizontal flaps open

Right page - horizontal flaps

journaling details

the little details

Supplies used:  Snowhaven Paper Pack, Snowhaven My Stickease, Black Shimmer Trim, Red Shimmer Trim, Black Glitter Paper, Ruby Exclusive Ink Pad, Artfully Sent Exclusive Stamp Set, Black Sparkle Flourishes, 4" x 6" Flip Flaps, Large Flip Flap Assortment, Black Sparkle Assortment, Stuck On You Puffies, Silver Sequin Assortment, Ruby Washi Tape, Silver Washi Tape, Liquid Glass, White Shimmer Trim, White Enamel Shapes and Studio J for photo processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment