Sunday, October 26, 2014

Thank You Flower Pot Card

Although the weekend certainly hasn't felt like autumn, autumn is most definitely here.  I adore the colors of the season and Close To My Heart's Pathfinding papers bring forth those colors.  I thought I would showcase the Pathfinding papers as well as the amazing Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge together in one card.  The card that I chose is indeed a simple card and one that allows for as little, or as much creativity as desired. 

For the cover of the card, I used one of the sentiment style cards.  I embellished the card with Bronze Shimmer Trim, Liquid Glass (in the center of the Glacier flowers) and with Clear Sparkles colored Green with the ShinHan markers (there are three of these on the upper left Shimmer Trim and three of the lower right Shimmer Trim although they are difficult to see in the photograph.


For the inside of the card, I used Chocolate as the base (this is also visible on the front of the card), Barn Red as the pop up card, and for Autumn Terracotta, Olive and Goldrush for the details of the flower pot and flowers.  After the centers of the flowers were cut out I embossed them with the Dot Embossing Folder which added details to the flowers.  I then added additional Bronze Shimmer Trim on the inside of the card.



If you wanted to brighten up the card a little, you could also add one of the coordinating colors behind the words and the words would pop more.

No comments:

Post a Comment