Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What beauty...

Our family is so blessed to live in, my opinion, one of the most beautiful places on earth and we are witness to it each day.  The kids and I have taken quite a fondness to a particular spot up on the Massanutten Mountain and we have been wanting to see it's beauty in the snow.  So today, we piled on the layers, and layers, and then yet another layer and headed up the mountain.  The roads were actually clear until we hit the road that leads to the trail...and then they were not. But once on that road there was no turning back (literally) so we slowly crept up the mountain hoping that no one was coming down at the same time.  We made it to the path without incident and I must admit that was the quietest my children have EVER been. lol.  The trail was untouched and in all her beauty.  It almost seemed a sin to walk in the snow but the kids saw the untouched snow as an invitation and they were off to explore their beloved path under her winter blanket.  Once we reached the edges we decided (well, I decided...Gabe wanted to be Mr.Daredevil) to stay somewhat close inward as the winds picked up several times and I didn't want to lose anyone although I would have loved to go a little further out.  The landscape was absolutely breathtaking just as we had envisioned.  One of my favorite parts parts about this spot is the depth you can see and feel--I love climbing on the rocks, having the trees so close and yet the depths of the mountains so very close: together they just create an amazing view!   Here are a few of our favorite snapshots of the morning!








Here comes the wind!







1 comment:

  1. OMG... these Pics are amazing... I just sent you an email Tonya...

    ReplyDelete