Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Washi Tape created cards! (Spoiler alert--new spring product)

These three cards were inspired by cards on Pinterest and all include Washi Tape!  Washi Tape is one of the hottest trends in scrapbooking right now and I love that Close To My Heart has joined the party!  My favorite recent Washi Tape was the Cotton Candy Tape that came in a three pack in our Holiday Gift Guide.  My daughter and I love the color pink, so when I saw variations of these cards on Pinterest I just had to create them!   

The finished size of the first card is 5" x 7".  There are three pieces of Washi tape all cut at angles adhered to the White Daisy Cardstock.  The angel is from B1435 Angel Friends and is stamped with the Z2173 Slate Exclusive Ink Pad on White Daisy Cardstock.  I then colored her dress with the lighter Z2417 Cotton Candy Alcohol Ink Marker and her wings with the darker Z2432 Whisper Alcohol Ink Marker.  She is matted on X5929 Whisper Cardstock and the Whisper Cardstock is adhered on 3-d foam tape. Adorning each of the two corners of the card are one of our newest embellishments: the Flamingo Dots (Z1934)!  They are cute, smooth and just fun to work with!  They will be available on February 1st!  The entire white base is matted on X5760 Cotton Candy cardstock.


 For this second card, I used two the Cotton Candy Washi Tape and the Z1817 Slate Polka Dot Washi Tape.  I alternated the colors to create the pattern.  For an added detail, I rounded the upper right corner of the White Daisy piece.  Next, I used one of my favorite **new** stamp sets D1584 Big Hug to stamp the sentiment "Big Hug" with the Z2193 Cotton Candy Exclusive Ink Pad.  I accented the sentiment with two of the Flamingo Dots.

For the third card, I created a package on a scrap of White Daisy cardstock.  To do so, I just covered the square with the tape folding it to the back.  I popped the entire package up on 3-d foam tape.  I then used the Z1921 Neutral Baker's Twine to tie the bow and attached it to the package with a mini glue dot.  I stamped the sentiment "just because" from the Big Hugs stamp set in Cotton Candy Ink below the package and then added 6 Flamingo Dots for accents.


No comments:

Post a Comment