Friday, August 2, 2013

Artbooking Buckeye style?

...as I posted to one of my Facebook groups this morning, Buckeye style was not really my intention when I began designing and creating this layout but I guess the Buckeye in me is always in auto-drive!  And yes, O-I-...football season is almost here!

This is the second layout in my Sassfully Chirping Cricut class that was free to those who pre-ordered Close To My Heart's new Artbooking cartridge with me.  Even though my Pre-order special has ended, you can still purchase the supplies for the class at a discounted rate of $25 when you order your copy of Artbooking with me.  Click here for details.

As most of my readers know, I am a very girly, girl scrapbooker.  I love all scrapbooking things pink and blingy.  I tend not to create as much with the more masculine papers and I struggled with ProPlayer at first.  I am not a gamer or a techy and I just didn't think that the paper was my style.  BUT, as it almost always does, CTMH changed my mind once I worked with the papers.  I challenged myself to create two layouts with this paper because I do have two "gamers" in my club and I wanted to design something I think they could use.  Once I started creating I realized that there are so many different avenues this paper could go outside of gaming.  My first layout was very Americana and now this second one has all the bells and whistles that the new cartridge can create!  Take note of the overlay on the left side!  The details!  The star cluster was created with the chipboard Dimensional Elements that come with the cartridge, as do the DE arrows and if you look closely at the Ruby arrow you will see that it was stamped with the coordinating stamp that comes with the cartridge.  I took the negative pieces from the overlay to create the accents on the large black arrow in the bottom corner of the right hand page.  Again, LOVE!  The layout design itself was based off of a layout in the new Make It From Your Heart Volume 2 book.

Colors featured in layout: Black (yes, why I did ink EVERY-T-H-I-N-G in Black!), Ruby, Outdoor Denim, Pacifica and Slate.  

If you like this layout, stay tuned to my blog next week for a You Tube on how to create the layout.  And as mentioned earlier, you can purchase the supplies for the class at a discounted rate when you order your copy of the Artbooking cartridge from me.  





Happy Chirping!

No comments:

Post a Comment