Wednesday, February 20, 2013

World Thinking Day with my Daisies!

After a marathon of preparation for my Daisy Troop's World Thinking Day, we made it to the finish line with our presentation. I was delighted with the girls! They did such a great job, worked together beautifully and came up with a fantastic, and in my opinion, very age-appropriate display.  Here is Abby is front of the display.  Me, being me, of course had Close To My Heart threaded all through it!
 

We used the Artiste' Cartridge for the lettering.
 
Our Leaning Tower of Pisa - each Daisy drew a tier on a piece of craft foam.
 
Pizza anyone?  (Notice that the Scalloped punch was used to make the pepperonis?

We painted Ziti noodles green, white and red to create miniature Italian Flags then glued them to toothpicks for the cheese sampling.
 

For the grapes, we cut out the grapes with the Artiste' Cartridge.  The girls then glued them into clusters and added twirled pipe cleaners for the stems.


For our Troop Swaps, we filled CTMH's Craft tubes with various types of noodles.  We then cut out the tags with the Art Philosophy Cartridge.  I used the Trinity Alphabet and the Capture the Date stamp sets for our troop info.  We then threaded pony beads in the color of the Italian Flag and tied them to the tubes.

My A-W-E-S-O-M-E Troop modeling their Italian Chef's hats that they made!

No comments:

Post a Comment