Saturday, October 20, 2012

A unique Sweetest Day gift...

For Sweetest Day, Abby and I decided to take Jay and the boys to a Civil War Reinactment in Middletown, Virginia.  My husband has been interested in the Civil War era for as long as I can remember so when we heard about the reinactiment I thought it would be a nice surprise.  We were first time "live history" watchers so we weren't sure what to expect but we were delightfully surprised.  The children asked many questions of the historians and came away with much knowledge--they are writing "reports" so I am sure I will be sharing them with you as they are already turning out to be rather informative.  :)
 

One of the soilders was nice enough to let the Abby wear his hat!


Loved the marketing!


North (hats) or South (flags)...didn't really matter to the kids however when the kids started cheering "Go Blue"  in reference to the soilders I thought my husband was going to have heart failure!  (He is a big OSU fan).  They did get quite the few stares for appearing to "cheer" for both sides.  Truth of the matter...they chose the blue hats because they liked them better and they liked the Confederate flag the best...then again since Mommy is from the South and Daddy from the North, I guess it all worked out!




No comments:

Post a Comment