Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sassy For Dotty - Day 21 - Orange u Fun?

A play on words quickly became the title of this "orange" themed layout..."Orange u fun?".  The Sunset and Lagoon polka dot papers from the Dotty for You paper collection coordinated perfectly with my pictures.  It is hard to believe that this little munchkin is getting ready to graduate from Kindergarden now...where does the time go?  One thing for certain, with three children, I am so thankful that I keep a journal of the cute, and sometimes, not so cute, things that they do and say so that when I do go back a few years later to scrapbook the pictures I have the words, like Gabey's little "song" that I quoted in my journaling to help capture the memory completly.


Left Side.

Right Side.

Materials used:  Lagoon and Sunset Mini-Medleys, All Out Adventure Rub-ons (perfect for adding a title to metals), Dotty for You Paper Collection, Sunset and Lagoon Cardstock, and three cute kids!  The Layout design is Simple Contrast from Cherish.  I have not used this design in my challenge, so for My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge, that makes 78 layout designs completed and 72 to go. 

The journaling reads:  "
Yes, you are quite the “fun” little boy!  I mentioned to you that we were going to have a fun “orange” lunch on this day, and you made up such the cute little song…
”I fun, I fun, I fun….fun, fun, fun.  I fun, I fun, I fun, with you”. 
You were so proud of your little song; you had to “teach” it to Abby and Nicholas.  And you were right; you were fun at our luncheon.  We had a special orange lunch just because.  Each of you colored your own place mats and we had an entirely kid-friendly, ORANGE lunch…Mac and cheese, cheese doodles, oranges, and of course, orange-drink.  Mommy will remember these spontaneous moments forever.  I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment