Sunday, November 29, 2009

red socks...a play on Dr. Suess





Maybe we have been reading a little to much of Hop on Pop and the Go Dog Go...but this layout just called out for a rhythm...so that is how I did my journaling! I know many of my friends struggle with journaling, but truly, it can be in any form...paragraph form, bullet points, in song, 3rd person, 1st person or even rhythm! My little rhythm reads like this:

"Red socks here,
red socks there.
Look, there are red socks everywhere.

Little red socks,
big red socks,
lots of in between
sized red socks.

Argyle or solid,
plain or designer…
even Buckeye red socks…
what could be finer?

Christmas just would not
be the same
if without red socks
someone came!

The wearing of the red socks…
a Smith family tradition. "

This layout actually originated as the Jingle Workshop To Go, but I needed more traditional Christmas colors so I created the layout in Evensong instead. I am thrilled with how it turned out! If you too would like to create this layout, the Workshop To Go is on December 13th. You may choose from Evensong, Jingle, or Animal Cookie. Can't make it, you can purchase the kit to complete at a later date. I also am more than happy to ship the kit to you! Click here for workshop details.
Supplies used:
CTMH Jingle Workshop To Go Exclusive Guide & Exclusive Stamp Set
Evensong Level 2 Paper Pack
Cranberry Designer Ribbon Rounds
Vellum
On Target Dimensional Elements
Twinkle Brads
Foam Squares & Mini Glue Dots
New England Ivy & Cranberry Exclusive inks & cardstock

1 comment: