Saturday, October 24, 2009

Finally...the pumpkin patch!




I was beginning to think this was going to be the year that we didn't make it to the pumpkin patch! The weather this fall has been incredibly unpredictable and try as we have, our trips to the pumpkin patch kept being postponed. Don't get me wrong, there have been some beautiful days this fall...just perfect for the pumpkin patch...BUT those days were all days that either I had to work, or we had other plans that conflicted with making the trip. Finally I decided that yesterday was our last real shot if we wanted to find that perfect pumpkin! The day started with rain, sun, rain, sun...and I decided unless it was pouring we WERE going!

We were truly blessed! The rain seemed to part as we arrived at the patch and stayed clear long enough for us to find our pumpkin. Up and down the rows we went on the search. We found two perfect ones and even had them in our wheel barrow but then saw this beautiful vibrant pumpkin and I just knew that was the one for us! We loaded up our pumpkin and were on our way! The kids were determined to pull it themselves and quickly discovered it was too heavy. So, Abby decided to climb in the wagon with "me pumkin" and Gabe pushed as I pulled all the way out of the patch. A fun afternoon! And as we walked out of the patch, I remembered why I loved this particular patch so much (Lohr's) ...the view of the foliage on the mountain across the valley was breathtaking! Completely picturesque.

No comments:

Post a Comment