Sunday, November 6, 2022

The Ocean is Calling...

Tonight I want to share with you a layout that I created for my daughter Abby to capture the colors, and the beauty of the waters in Tahiti.  The papers, and mediums that I chose to use complimented the waters beautifully!


For the word ocean, I wanted to incorporate all of the shades of the ocean waters from our trip to Tahiti.  To do so, I used the thin cuts to cut each letter from different photographs we took while there.  I thought this was a great way to incorporate them.


The remainder of the title was cut from the textured Hope & Kindness cs.

The dot embellishments were created from punching holes in the glitter paper and then adding Liquid Glass to the dots.  When these are allowed to dry overnight, they develop an epoxy finish.

The textures of the Hope & Kindness cs, the glitter papers, and the Creative Basics striped paper blend so beautifully together.


Until I can get pictures of my finished layout with better lighting, here is how my personal layout turned out.  I am in love with the deep textures and mediums of the papers and mixed supplies.  The photos completely do not do them justice.







Supplies used:  (CC5223) Hope & Kindness cs, (Z4610) Pine Glitter Paper, (Z3234) 3" x 3" Flip Flaps, (Z4611) Seabrook Glitter Paper, (Z679) Liquid Glass, (X6046) French Vanilla cs, (A1259) Prairie Alphabet, (Z6540) Pine Exclusive Ink Pad, (Z4334) Slim Alphabet Thin Cuts, (Z5024) Red Line Tape, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape.  (retired) Wings Creative Basics Paper, Juniper Satin Ribbon.  Other supplies:  Hand held hole punch.  The current supplies can be ordered on my CTMH website here:  www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.

For those who would like to order the kit, it is available in a limited number in my shop.  You can choose to have the word "ocean" cut from ocean photographs like mine, or the same paper as the "calls me" - do note, that if opting for the photographs, they will vary slightly by where the letters are cut on the water.  The kit includes (3) 3" Flip Flaps, the pre-cut titles, bulk ribbon and pieces to create the layout along with detailed instructions and a color photo.  Here is the link to order the kit.

Sassyfully yours,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment