Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Every Picture Tells A Story

Today I wanted to share a layout that I created over the weekend for my son Gabriel.  This layout documents an adventure we had in Hawaii where he opted to jump off a waterfall cliff along the Road to Hana.  

The paper, Good Vibes, was a part of the National Scrapbooking Month special back in May, and this sheet, along with the sticker sheet was all I had left of the pack.  I absolutely loved the paper and have been waiting for the perfect way to use it.  Luckily, CTMH brought the paper back last weekend for a flash sale and I was able to secure additional packs which absolutely makes my heart happy so I am sure you will see a few more layouts in the future featuring this fun paper.

I also discovered in creating the layout, that our new Orange and Yellow Dots compliment the paper perfectly.  Although the yellow is our new color Honey Butter and not the Shortbread that is in the paper pack they compliment each other perfectly!  


For this layout, I designed it with the photos on the left page to be horizontal 4" x 6" photos.  I however, opted to use two 3" x 4" vertical photos in the place of the two top layered 4" x 6"'s.  This allowed me to include some action shots in the same space.  As I cropped these photos down to show the jumping action, I cropped out most of the background scenery.  I then opted to allow the other photos to share more of the scenery as it was an absolutely beautiful view.


Here, you can see that I used an extra piece of the patterned paper, along with a secondary title sticker to add additional journaling.

Here are a few closer up photos.





This sticker was adhered on top of the flip flap with Thin Foam Tape for extra pizazz.  


I love how the title turned out using those Orange and Yellow Dots!  The perfect way to jazz up with stickers and show off that UV coating.

--------------------------------------------


This pre-cut layout kit is available in my shop and can be ordered by clicking here.  

--------------------------------------------
Supplies used: (Z4632) Orange & Yellow Dots, (retired) Good Vibes Paper & Sticker Sheet, (Z3230) 3” x 4” Flip Flaps, (Z3231) 4” x 6” Flip Flaps, (X5951) Espresso cs, (X6045) Sage cs, (X5978) Glacier cs, (X6043) Nectarine cs, (1385) White Daisy cs, (4110) Top Loading Page Protector, (Z2060) Thin 3-d Foam tape, (Z3341) Thin 3-d Foam Dots, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner, (Z5014) Red Line Tape, (Z341) Mini Glue Dots, (Z3340) Dual Tip Permanent Glue Pen. All of the current items may be purchased on my Close To My Heart website at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.

Sassyfully yours,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment