Saturday, November 14, 2020

Advent & Countdown Calendars

Close To My Heart introduced a new Thin Cut at the beginning of September and I just couldn't wait to use it to create an Advent Calendar!  This calendar is created with the Comfort and Joy paper collection along with our beautiful Scarlet Glitter paper - the two pair beautifully together!  

The finished calendar is showcased in an 8 1/2" x 11" Black frame with the glass taken out so that the doors can be easily accessed.  



I used a layer of acetate to protect the little elements behind the doors so that the calendar could be used year after year.


Accents of Gold Foil paper are found in the stickers that complement the paper, so I included small pieces of Gold Foil under a few of the windows.  I used the Black dots from the Black and White Dots embellishment set - they were glued down with the Tombow Glue to add an extra layer of adhesion.  


Here are the supplies that were used in my calendar:


Supplies used:  (Z6526) Scarlet Exclusive Ink Pad, (Z3685) Tabbed Doors Thin Cuts, (Z3314) Black & White Dots,  (Z3790) Black Onyx Liquid Pearls, (Z3839) Scarlet Glitter Paper, (X7261S) Comfort & Joy Paper Pack with Stickers, (Z3762) Pennant Alphabet Stamp Set & Thin Cuts, (Z4314) Rectangle Foam & Acetate, (X6047) Black cs.

If you would like to make your own variation of my calendar, the supplies can be purchased at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com.

Once I completed my Advent calendar, I had the idea to also create a Halloween countdown calendar featuring our adorable little Spooky Gnomes Stamp and Thin Cut Set.  I adore both calendars for their different purposes!





Supplies used:  (Z3802) Grape Shimmer Trim, (D1962) Spooky Gnomes Stamp Set, (X9019) Mix-In Paper Pack, (X6047) Black cs, (X6053) Avocado cs, (Z3875) Black Bursts Embellishments, (Z3314) Black & White Dots, (Z3236) Black Glitter Paper, (Z3762) Pennant Alphabet Stamp Set and Thin Cuts, (Z3685) Tabbed Doors Thin Cut, (C1874) Boo-tiful Characters, (Z2805) Black Exclusive Ink Pad.

Kits for both calendars can be purchased in my In All Sassiness Designs Shop.

Make it sassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment