Sunday, October 25, 2020

Cascading Thin Cut Created Backgrounds

With this layout, I selected to a different approach to the Heart Background Thin Cut and was quite delighted with the end result.  For this layout, I used the background Thin Cut to first cut out the heart pieces and then used the overlay as a template, or stencil if you will, to create a cascading row of the hearts.  I cut the hearts out of both the Silver Foil paper and a piece of paper that I created that was entirely covered with Shimmer Trim.  Then once the cascading piece was complete, I cut the shimmer trim cut background in 1/2 and spilt it around the large photo mats on the right base.  To understand better of how this was achieved, I create a You Tube Video with the step-by-step process:   https://youtu.be/gbOkODoqrdo

This is my original layout design before pictures and flip flaps.

Here is the completed layout with pictures & a Flip Flap.

And here is a second variation using the Flamingo Shimmer Trim.

This is the new Heart Background die that was used to create this layout.


Supplies used:  (Z3366) Silver Foil Paper, (Z3802) Grape Shimmer Trim (or color of your choice), (X6047) Black cs, (Z3680) Heart Background Thin Cut, (1385) White Daisy cs, (Z2060) Thin Foam Tape, (Z341) Mini-Glue Dots, (Z3372) Adhesive Runner.  The current product can be purchased on my website at: www.tonyasheridan.ctmh.com






No comments:

Post a Comment