Monday, December 2, 2019

Day 2 - Sassy 25 Days of Christmas - Strong is the new Beautiful Layout

Welcome to Day 2 of my Sassy 25 Days of Christmas specials!  If this is your first day reading about my Sassy 25 Days of Christmas specials, click here to find out all of the details of this special program that I am offering during the month of December!

Today's layout is called "Strong is the new Beautiful!"  It features the retired colors of Crystal Blue, Sunset, Chocolate and Colonial White and a canvas sticker set that I just L-O-V-E!  I have held on to these canvas stickers for quite some time just waiting for the perfect layout design to use them with and when I saw the bat layout on Close To My Heart's new Cricut Collection Complete Creativity, I knew that was the design I had been looking for!  

This is the design that I used for my layout.  

And here is the layout that I created with the design.  To see this layout more in detail, simply click on the photograph and it will open larger in a new window.


To start, I did a little "housekeeping" - I removed the spider webs and replaced them with canvas stickers and then deleted the "eek" and the black bats.  Some of these flowers are popped up with Thin 3-d Foam tape while others are flat.  I also added a second layer of the stickers to some of the flowers with additional 3-d foam tape to make the centers really pop!



 I used the contour function to remove the bats that were cut from the base. I cut the slice tool to cut the "too cute to spook" title from the photo mats.  I then changed the colors to my desired colors.  Next, I found a title "strong is the new beautiful" from Cricut.com and added the bars from Cricut basic shapes and welded the newly created title to my photo mat where the "too cute to spook" was originally attached. 


I loved the border design at the bottom of the layout, but instead of the regular cardstock strip that was in the original design, I positioned the design over canvas border stickers.


From here, I adhered everything down and added additional layers of the canvas stickers as well as added sequins and ribbon knots to add some more embellishing.  I also used two of the canvas corners over one of the photo wells.



Because there were some stickers left over, I created a card using the same elements that were used in the layout.  The kit includes two sets of pieces to create two cards as well.


Supplies used:  (all supplies that were used are retired) - Chocolate cs, Sunset cs, Crystal Blue cs, Colonial White cs, sequins, Chocolate ribbon, Scroll canvas stickers.

This layout is available in my shop for $18.00 HOWEVER if you purchase it before 6PM on Tuesday, December 3rd you may purchase it for the special price of $15.00!  Bonus right?  Remember, this layout is available in limited quantity.

To purchase any of the Close To My Heart Cricut Collections, use the link here and I will receive a small commission for your purchase.

And today's product special:
Day 2 - Sassy 25 Days of Christmas - Product Special - 

3 packages of 3-d Foam Tape and 1 package of 3-d Foam Circles for $20!

And yes, this offer is repeatable!



Both the discounted layout special and the Foam Tape product special are available exclusively through myself, Tonya Sheridan, and until 6PM on Tuesday, December 3rd. 

To take advantage of either these specials, shop here!

No comments:

Post a Comment