Sunday, September 16, 2018

Grateful (heart) butterfly layout

There is just something about Monarch butterflies.  They are breathtaking to me.  And sentimental.  When my little Gabriel was in preschool, his teacher taught them about the butterflies. They raised them and then had a butterfly release.  I have one picture of Gabriel with a butterfly on his finger which is still one of my very favorite photos of him when he was little.

When Close to My Heart introduced their Grateful Heart paper suite with the beautiful Monarch butterflies my heart skipped a beat I do believe!  I am in love with the rich, jewel tones and of course the butterflies!  A sister consultant, Andrea Sherman, created a very similar layout that inspired me to create this one.  I made a few changes (because really, when do I not tweak), powered up my Cricut and cut out flower upon flower.  I also decided to add some shimmer -- so if you look very closely, you will see that I used the Clear Shimmer Brush on the wings of the butterflies, and then used the Gold Shimmer Brush on the inside of the flowers in the zip strip (yes, every single one of them) and to add reflections to the centers of the Cricut cut flowers.  But, that wasn't quite enough bling...I then added a cluster of our new Loose Gold Sequins around the flowers and butterflies.  My end result...I absolutely adore!

I actually adored it so much that this was one of the Create and Take projects that I shared at my Holiday Expression Reveal and Bingo event last weekend.  I cannot wait to see how the participants create their version and what photos they decide to add to the layouts!

To see a larger version of the layout, simply click on the photo and it will open in a larger window.


Here are a few details photos of the artwork.




Included in the kit is a set of the Grateful Heart compliments.  They are so true to life and vibrant in color!  LOVE them!
Supplies used:  
X6021 Sapphire cardstock; X6027 White Daisy cardstock; X6011 New England Ivy yardstick (or X6003 Fern cardstock) Z4235 Loose Gold Sequins; X7237C Grateful Heart Compliments; X7237B Grateful Heart Paper Pack; Z3316 Gold Shimmer Brush; Z3293 Clear Shimmer Brush; Z2060 Thin 3-d Foam Tape; Z553 Bonding Memories Glue Pen; Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridges.

This layout kit is now available in my In All Sassiness Designs shop only while supplies last - I only made 15 sets, so if you love it, you will want to grab yours quickly!  The cost is $20.00.  Here is the link to purchase the kit:  https://squareup.com/store/tonya-sheridan-independent-close-to-my-heart-consultant.

No comments:

Post a Comment