Tuesday, April 11, 2017

For Her Crush Book

Revisiting a favorite layout that for some reason I never posted.  A few years ago, Close To My Heart offered two My Crush 4" x 6" books --one version was "For Her" which you see below, and one version was "For Him".  I fell in love with the "For Her" version right away...I loved the small dainty floral patterns and particularly the Love vellum.  I took the book, un-spiraled it, and then cut my favorite pages to use in this layout.  

The colors featured are Smoothie and Outdoor Denim (now retired) and Peacock before Peacock was one of our colors.  The small floral pattern pulled the darker colors together which I just loved.  This color combination was trending two falls ago as when I saw the colors, I immediately thought of this dress that my daughter had worn on the first day of school.  Perfect right?



If you look closely, at this layout again, you will notice that some of the pictures changed.  Your eyes aren't playing tricks on you!  Once in the page protectors, I also added Flip Flaps: a horizontal 4" x 6" on the left page and a 3" x 4" and 4" x 4" on the right page.  

You will also note, that these pages work either way...you could easily reverse the layouts so that the left page in the right and the right is the left.





If you have the "For Her" book and would like to re-create this layout but no longer have Outdoor Denim CS, you could easily substitute Peacock for a similar look.  You can also purchase this kit with in my shop.  Included in the kit you will find the cardstock needed to create the layout, the complete "For Her" My Crush book -- you will use about 5 pages and will have the left overs for additional projects; bulk embellishments, Poppy Baker's Twine and Coral Shimmer Trim as well as detailed instructions with cutting guides.

Supplies used:  
(Z3088) Coral Shimmer Trim; Z3094 Poppy Baker's Twine; (X5763) Smoothie CS; Coral Sequins (now retired); For Her My Crush Book (now retired); (1385) White Daisy CS;  (X5766) Peacock CS (optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment