Friday, February 5, 2016

Flip Flap That! Class in Charlotte

Flip Flap That! is a class series that teaches new, and creative ways, to use Close To My Heart's innovative flip flaps into your scrapbooking pages.  This layout is one that I have been wanting to create for 15 years. Yes, you read that correctly - 15 years.  The photographs are from my honeymoon trip to Florence, Italy.  At the time, I had a panoramic camera - which I must add, at the time, was "the" camera to have.  The problem that has arisen is that I now cannot find any place to print those photos as they are in unusual sizes.  Studio J has been an awesome solution for this as I can use the No Limits template and alter the size of the photo well to the size of the original picture.

Sadly, Studio J will be retiring at the end of April 2016, or when CTMH's paper supply runs out.  Because of this, I am pushing forward strongly to finish this honeymoon album while I have a resource to print the photos in.  This layout is actually one of my favorite layout types in that it is what I call a hybrid layout - I have incorporated the best of traditional scrapbooking with a flair of Studio J!  All of the photos were printed in Studio J, as well as the journaling...certainly the best of both worlds!

The layouts were photographed inside of the page protectors so forgive the blurriness and reflection of the flash from the page protectors, but do take note of the sheer quantities of photos, and journaling, that I was able to include!  I was able to convert some of the photo wells to journaling spots so that I could share the details of the photographs!  This worked like a charm.  The flip flaps themselves enabled me to add many photos that I normally would not be able to fit on one layout.

I am absolutely delighted with how the final layout turned out and cannot wait to add it to my album!  To see a larger version of any of the pages, simply click the layout and it will open in a new window.







And I saved the best for last!  This is my favorite part of the layout!  I love how the colors worked so well with the paper collection, and the combination of the black and white photos and the color ones.


Now, you can envision the layout with your own pictures;





This class kit is $25.  It includes mostly pre-cut pieces, with a few exceptions, and includes a full pack of Charlotte compliments (there will many extra pieces to play with or add to the layout should you desire), bulk embellishments, (2) 6" x 12" Flip Flaps, (1) 8" x 12" Flip Flaps, (2) 4" x 6" Flip Flaps, detailed instructions and a color photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment