Monday, August 18, 2014

Picture My Life - 25 Day Challenge. Day 8.

Tonight I want to share a simple layout that was one of my Create and Takes from my Fall Open House earlier in the month.  The layout's simplicity leaves much room for those little details that I adore as well as (gasp for some :)) white space.  Because of the "painted" look to the polka dot paper, I selected the "painted" background and texture paper for the base instead of a cardstock.  This is actually the back side of the polka dot pattern so either bulk Seaside paper is needed, or 2 packs of the paper as a total of 4 sheets are needed.  And because I am incorporating a PML card, and the PML cards have rounded corners, I also chose to round the corners of my photos for a more balanced appearance; this created a softer feel to the layout.  For the embellishments I "collection-swapped" and used the foam sticker shapes from the Chalk It Up collection--the two collections share the Sorbet color and the Lagoon from Chalk It Up accented the shades of blue in the Seaside Collection very nicely.  Other than that, we cut a few pennants and the layout was complete.  I encouraged my scrapbookers to journal in either a pennant or in place of one of the photos depending on how much they had to journal.  As this layout is in a series of layouts from one single event for me, I choose to let the PML card be my journaling, and then sub journal "my family" in my pennant for just a little more personal touch.  Though rare from myself, this is certainly a do-able 2 hour or less layout from start to finish.

To see a larger view of the layout, click the layout and it will open in a new window.

Full spread.

Left page.

Right page.

Pennant accents.

The title was cut out with the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge (Close To My Heart Exclusive).

For those who are better visualizers without the photographs, here is the layout before the photographs were added.

Supplies used:
Seaside Paper Pack (X7192B), Aqua Dots (Z1853), Chalk It Up Assortment (Z3009), Corner Rounder (Z1912), Chalk It Up Picture My Life Scrapbooking Program (Z2020), Artbooking Cricut Cartridge (Z1906) and Studio J for the photo printing.

For those who would like to purchase the above layout as a class kit, it is available for $10.00.  The kit includes the needed papers to create the layout, pre-cut title, a 4" x 6" PML card, 1/2 pack of Aqua Dots, a full pack of the Chalk It Up Assortment set, detailed instructions and a color photo of the layout.  Shipping if applicable is $8.00 and may be combined with other In All Sassiness Designs Class Kits.  To order your kit, e-mail me at: inallsassiness@gmail.com.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Celebrate our Picture My Life kits in August with our Picture Perfection Promotion! 
During the month of August, when you purchase any of the 13 available Picture My Life™ scrapbooking programs featured in the 2014–2015 Annual Inspirations idea book at their full retail price of $24.95 USD / $27.50 CAD, you are eligible to add your choice of 1 of 8 qualifying Memory Protectors™ 10-packs for just $3 (USD & CAD)! Each Picture My Life scrapbooking program already includes a coordinating 10-pack of Memory Protectors, so when you add your additional 10-pack for only $3 you will be well on your way to your own picture-perfect pocket scrapbooking adventure!  

In addition, as a bonus, with each PML kit ordered during the month of August, I will be sending a PML goody bag your way.  The goody bags are filled with over $10 in embellishments, flip flaps and sassy goodness!  Use this link to order your PML kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment