Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sassy Studio J Saturday

"Do you want to build a snowman?"

I know, it is the middle of the summer right?  So who is thinking about snowmen?  Just about every little girl that I know!  And quite a few little boys as well!  The Frozen-fever has swept the nation--my household included.  

These little build-a-snowman kits were Abigail's Valentine treats to her friends back in February.  We wanted something unique, she wanted something Frozen, and I wanted to continue to make the memories of creating her Valentine's together verses taking the easy route and buying 
at the store.  Our conflict came when she would not give up on the idea of having Frozen Valentine's.  So, we searched on-line and found this cute little free-printable from Disney when you could cut out Olaf's pieces and build a snowman.  I simply downloaded the activity, loaded it into Studio J, and it was printed on their high-qualify matte photo paper!  That was step one.

The second step was to create our little tag.  We found hundred of digital designs on Pinterest, but none were what we were looking for.  So, again, we turned to Studio J.  I re-visited a favorite paper collection - Wonderland -  and created the verse "Do you want to build a snowman" and set the measurements for the size that I wanted.  I then found a downloadable "Olaf", sized the piece to accommodate my needs, and printed him as well.  His background was white which was perfect.  Once the artwork arrived, I created a topper with Crystal Blue Cardstock (folded and scored), centered adhered the sentiment piece on cardstock, added a strip of White Daisy to the left side and a piece of Silver Shimmer Trim to the right.  I then matted Olaf on Twilight Cardstock and popped him up on 3-d foam tape.  I added a few little Shimmer Trim flags to the bottom Left of Olaf and added sparkles to the centers of the snowflakes on the sentiment piece.

To complete the packages, we added Large and small marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, an orange tic-tac (for the nose), candy eyes and pretzel sticks to one bag.  We placed the cut out snowman activity in a second bag and then adhered both bags inside the topper.

Her treats were a big hit with all of her little friends, and teachers, alike.  At Convention each year, consultants create Swaps--essentially a card, or other small form of artwork and trade with other consultants.  It provides a great deal of fun and allows the opportunity for to take home other consultants art, gain inspiration and experience different styles of creativity.  Since our convention was at Disney this year, I re-created our Olaf Valentines for my swaps.  I am sure the TSA agents at the airport thought I was crazy for the odd contents in my suitcase--bags of marshmallows, pretzels, choc. chips and tic tacs!  

This turned out to be a great project!!  So now that I have explained my hows and whys, I ask again...
"Do you want to build a snowman?"




Kits for purchase:
I have had several inquires to purchase my snowman kits, so I am now making them available for order. My initial designs were used for Valentine's but they would be cute for slumber parties, school favors etc.

8 kits (un-assembled) $20.00.  Includes:  All pre-cut materials and bling for the toppers, 16 Zip lock bags and 8 activity sheets.  Adhesive and 3-d foam tape are needed to assembly.

8 kits (assembled) $22.00.  Includes pre-cut and pre-assembled toppers, 16 bags and 8 activity sheets.  All you need to do if fill them with goodies.

A one time shipping fee of $3 - if applicable.  (So, for i.e. if you were to order two sets (for a total of 16 kits) the shipping would still be $3.00

To order your kits, e-mail me at: inallsassiness@gmail.com.  Thanks for your interest.

Copyright notice:  The fee for these kits are strictly for the materials used and the time spent preparing them.  All copyrights  and trademarks of the trademarked ideas being used belong to their respective owners and are not being sold, they are provided for free.  This item is not a licensed product and I do not claim ownership over he trademarked ideas used.

No comments:

Post a Comment