Thursday, May 15, 2014

Helping an area in need--Pensacola.

A few weeks ago, while I was on my way to the Orlando Expo, one of my CTMH sister consultants, and friends, Lindsey's family was experience horrible flooding in her neighborhood.  All through the weekend we saw the devastating images of the damages that had occurred.  Lindsey is now asking for help from fellow consultants and CTMH customers.  She would like to help her community put any photos they were able to save into books and start new memories.  She is asking for donations of Picture My Life Kits and Albums.  I have pledged to Lindsey that I will match any donations that my customers make.  I will be sending an order directly to Pensacola on May 31st will all donations and matched donations.  If you would like to help, the kits are $24.95 and the albums are $24.95 and $34.95.  If you would like to help in a smaller amount, that is certainly welcome as well -- you can make a $10 or $15 donation and I will combine your donation with another to purchase the kit.  I will be sending our receipts to all that participate and adding your names to the card.  You can send a PayPal payment to me directly at: sassycrops@gmail.com or send me an e-mail at: inallsassiness@gmail.com and request an invoice.  I will then send you an invoice that you can pay with any debit or credit card.

Here's Lindsey's story: 
Hey gals some of you know me some have never heard of me but I need some help. I am one of Tina's direct lines in Pensacola Florida. On April 29th we had one of the worst flash floods the country has ever seen. We received over 26 inches in 24 hours. It was catastrophic for some areas to say the least. Yes we live in a hurricane area and most of us here have survived multiple hurricanes fairly unscathed but this was something entirely different. Just to paint a picture at the beginning of hurricane season (June 1st) we all stock up on extra can goods makes sure we have some bottled water and check our flashlight batteries. I keep extra waterproof Tupperware containers and if a hurricane is on track for our area I load my scrapbooks into them to give them a fighting chance. On April 29th many of us went to bed during a horrible thunderstorm and woke to extreme flood waters. At 1 am I looked out my front door at 5 feet of raging river type water pouring through my neighborhood and side yard. Praise The Lord we came out with only substantial property damage but many other people were not so lucky. Our next door neighbors lost their entire home. Entire neighborhoods were flooded without a moments notice. People had to be rescued through their roofs by boat. I have heard of one family that their five year old had to Cling to a tree for 3 hours because their mom and dad were holding two other siblings. It's heart breaking for area to say the least. I have been racking my brain with how I could help and after a lot of thought I am going to do what I do best and help these families scrapbook and start making new memories. I am in the process of setting up with several area churches a way to get some classes going for these families affected and targeting the young people that are trying to deal with this loss. What I need is Picture My Life kits and scrapbooks. I will reach out to my community this next week for donations but my rough plan is to try to gather up small groups of families affected in certain areas and ask them to bring some pictures to put into an album. I am also hoping to get several albums put together to just deliver to homes of people I know could use them or for people who may be starting totally over.   Some people may send a picture my life kit some may order an album and some may do both. There are so many families affected so every little bit helps. Thank y'all for taking the time to read this lengthy post and if nothing else please add Pensacola to your prayer list. We have a long road ahead of us.

Prayers going out to Pensacola!
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment