Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A BabyCakes of a Baby Shower!

This past weekend my mom and I partnered with my sister in law's mom and sisters to give her a baby shower.  She is due in just a few weeks (yes, there is a very excited Auntie here!!) and we wanted to make the afternoon something special.  Mom and I were provided the decorations.  We chose to use Close To My Heart's Babycakes for the theme which featured the colors of Buttercup, Chocolate and Sunset which were perfect to go with the time of year!

This is the invitation that I made.  I used the Babycakes paper collection, the Bronze Shimmer Tape (LOVE that stuff!!  as you will see as you read further down!), the Spinner Cards, the Scallop Border Punch, Mocha Opaque Pearls and my Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.  The little circle spins so on one side it said "It's a boy" and on the other side it said "It's a baby shower".




I fell in love with the little giraffe on the invitations so I decided to create a wreath for the door with this little guy.  I used the Artiste' Cricut Cartridge for the pinwheel and the bow and the Artbooking for the Giraffe.  And yes, that Bronze Shimmer Tape that I mentioned...that is what I used for the wreath (on a Styrofoam wreath form). We couldn't use any form of hooks so my Sis in law and I strung the wreath by a long piece of orange tulle.  As our family had a pretty rough day on Saturday, preparing and wrapping the wreath was a great stress reliever for me...but I will say that it took HOURS!  



These were the favors that we created.  All of the little candy boxes were cut with the Cricut Craft room with many thanks to my friend Theresa for sharing the file!  The tubes are filled with Recess Pieces.  For the children, I created a bag-tag with the Babycakes paper and the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.  The edges were scalloped but you can't really see that in the picture.


For the utensil holders, I used the Kraft Containers and the Canvas (now-replaced with My Stickease) My Stickease.  They have cute little lids too so once I got home I filled one container with q-tips, one with Cotton Balls, and one with Misc. little baby products and then will give them back to my Sister in Law for her nursery.  This was a super easy project that really added to the dinner table.


For the corsage, my sister in law is not fond of regular corsages (nor am I), so I used CTMH's new Base and Bling Collection and created a wristlet for her out of the necklace. I added a handmade rose to each of the medallions.  We did find that although there is a super sticky that is made for the medallion that hot glue worked better.


Here is what the wristlet looked like on Leah's wrist.  

Ignore my brother's "mean" face in this picture...they were being silly.  But I wanted to show you the headband that I made for my daughter Abby.  She truly thought she was the princess of the party for the day!  She looked so cute with it!  The headband was made with the Base and Bling Headband. I cut various sized roses, created the roses and then attached them to the bases.  Again, doing it again, I would most definitely use hot glue verses the sticky circles.  I also made one for my niece Addison but she wasn't able to come so now she has one as well!


Not wanting the Grandmother's to be left out, I created these Grandmother's corsages with my Cricut too.  I used the center medallion from the Spinner Card for strength; covered that with the Bronze Shimmer tape and attached Shimmer ribbons.  The Buttercup Pinwheel I create with my Cricut as well as the roses (all from Artiste').  I then hot glued a pin to the back so they could wear the corsage.


This is the beautiful diaper bouquet that my mom made as a centerpiece.  She did such an awesome job! 
 It is too pretty to take a part!  To the right was a little sign that I made with instructions for the participants to write a wish for Xander for his Wish Book.  Once the shower was over, I took out the yellow paper and now Mike and Leah can add a vertical photograph.

This is the little Wish Book that I created for all of our wishes for Xander.

And finally, you now the saying labor of love?  Well, this is my banner of love!  Let me tell you it was filled with much love in creation considering the HOURS that it took to cut out, arrange and put together!  Each piece is layered with at least three layers of foam tape.  But the hours were well spent and I think both Mike and Leah liked it.  It was a little challenging to hand as again we were in a building where we couldn't use hooks, but all in all it was the thought that mattered.

And that was it.  Now to just wait, and wait for little Mr. Xander to arrive!  That is the hard part!  As I told my cousin Rita at the shower, I truly believe there is nothing better in this world (besides being a Mom) that being an Auntie!  And this Auntie cannot hardly wait for Xander!  Of course, Rita stated that being a Grandma is pretty awesome too!  





No comments:

Post a Comment