Thursday, September 5, 2013

Creating with all the elements of Artbooking!

If I haven't stated it enough, I am 100% in love with Close To My Heart's exclusive Artbooking Cricut cartridge!  Actually, I think I would be more accurate by saying 1000% in love.  The possibilities are completely endless.  And one thing that I have certainly learned with this cartridge more than previous ones, is to maximize my creativity by using the "scraps".  I will illustrate what I am talking about.

This is card collection that I created with the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.  To begin with, I used Cricut Craft room (Yes, I love this too!  and am wondering why it took me so long to make myself try it!).  I sized the 11" x 11" overlay, and tree, down to accommodate a 5" x 7" palette (aka my card).  All of the sentiments were cut with the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge and with the Brown and Tan Glitter Paper and the Green Glitter Paper.  I also used the Bronze and Red Shimmer Trim to embellish my cards.  The cardstock is Chocolate and Cashmere.


The first card I created used this amazing tree.  The Tree actually becomes part of the overlay therefore just the leaves and trunk are cut out.


I then cut out the same tree without the overlay attachment in all of the colors that I was using.  This gave me lots of leaves to work with.

Before adhering my overlay to the card above, I laid it down on another card base as a stencil.  I used the leaves cut from the trees and adhered them into the spaces in the stencil and then removed the stencil and this is what resulted.


For the third card, I took the cut out of the Tree itself and adhered it to my card.  I chose the leaves and stems that I liked and then adhered those into the leaf spaces.  Some are adhered flat, and others are adhered on 3-d foam to create a leveled look.  The leaves that are red are actually the red glitter tape underneath the tree however note that this is a narrow tape so it only really works well with the narrower leaves.  Aside from the tree, the scallop border was cut with the Scallop Punch, and the title was cut with the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.  The red stripes are again, that Red Shimmer tape.


For the fourth card, I used two of the tree outlines in different shapes and slightly overlapped them creating a shadow effect.  The effect was challenging to capture with the camera, but the card is truly stunning!  


For the final card, I used the tree cutout simply as a negative and then created around the tree.  I used my scraps of Glitter Paper to create the pennants.
  

For me, each card was designed for a special person in particular, however once finished I realized these would be a great class.  So, I will be teaching these cards as a class on Saturday, Sept. 21st during my Card-a-palooza Event at the Timberville Church of the Brethren.  There will be a variety of card classes all throughout the day, as well as other crop-ertunities for creative delight.  This class will be from 2-4PM.  There is no stamping however participants will want to being Tombow Adhesive, narrow 3-d foam tape, and fine tip scissors for class.  I will have extra adhesive available for purchase as well.  The class cost for 5 cards (1 of each design) is $22.00.  To include a second set of cards (for a total of 2 of each design), the cost would be $30.00.  Included in the cost of the class, each participant will receive a color guide on creating the cards, the card bases and envelopes, one roll of Red Shimmer Tape and one roll of Bronze Shimmer Tape as well as all pieces pre-cut pieces (both Cricut and non-Cricut cut).  For those unable to attend, or for long distant customers, the kit is also available for purchase.  Shipping, if applicable is $5.00 however can be combined with other In All Sassiness Designs Class Kits.

To register for the class, or to order a kit of the class, e-mail me at: inallsassiness@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment