Thursday, July 11, 2013

Close To My Heart's 2013 Album Contest - Entry Two

Ok, so you will notice as I continue to post my layouts from the Album Contest that I have a problem.  And yes, I am admitting it here for all to read.  I am an addict:  a Studio J addict.  I can't hide it.  And I am very passionate about everything Studio J.  So, that being said, I wanted to thread Studio J though all of my layouts in my Album.  This layout, "Live, Laugh and Splash On" is what I like to create and call a Studio J Hybrid creation.  The layout was created entirely in Studio J, but then I took the extra steps to make the layout both interactive and with 3-d depth.  The paper collection is the boy version of Wishes and Fishes and it is an exclusive Studio J pattern meaning it is not available in traditional paper form.  I of course, never let that stop me and so I created my own elements.  

If you note, the photograph on the left page, as well as the little whales and the date element are all popped up with 3-d foam.  To achieve this, I created a blank White Daisy page in the No Limits application. I then added the My Stickease elements of the little whales etc. and altered them to the size I desired.  I did the same with my journaling.  For the flip flap on the right page, I printed the extra picture in a side page and sized my journaling as well.  Once finished I added additional Pearl Flourishes in the whales spout and to accent the date embellishment.  

I must apologize for the photographs, I had a difficult time capturing their beauty without the reflections of the page protectors and the photo paper.  I love the real thing though--they are so light and airy.  Love, Love, love!

To see larger versions of  the photos, simply click on the photograph.








The journaling reads:
"At age 2, Mommy enrolled you in swimming lessons.   This was your first time in a pool without Mommy and I remember being so nervous. I sat back and watched your eyes fill with wonder as you sat on the side of the pool waiting for the lessons to begin.  You were so carefree yet you constantly looked back for reassurance that I was still there, and still watching.  The expressions on your face were priceless when those first splashes of cool summer water ran across your little toes.  I remember the delight on your face and the laughter of your voice when you kicked from the kickboard and how proud of yourself you were for splashing “soooo big!”   Your splashes were gusto my child!  And, you were so in the moment!  What a delight for myself to witness these precious and heartwarming moments.   Simple, yes.  But also spectacular!  And so Abby, I hope you will truly always love the water and that you will Live, Laugh and Splash on my sweetheart!"



For more ideas on Studio J Hybrid layouts and possibilities, simply e-mail me at: inallsassiness@gmail.com!  I would love to share this new found passion of mine with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment