Monday, January 28, 2013

a Sneak Peek...at Later Sk8er! Gabey Style.

So, here it is!  My official "sneak peek" at one of Close To My Heart's new Spring/Summer Paper collections Later Sk8er that will be released on February 1st. 
 
As a mom of two little boys, I have to tell you, this paper collection is a MUST HAVE for scrapbooking boys!  The papers are brilliant and bright!  Featuring the shades of:  Lagoon, Outdoor Denim, Pear, Slate and White Daisy...they just shout all boy from the rooftops!
 
So the first layouts that I created are of my boys and their first Pinewood Derby Races.  This is Gabey Luke's layout.  Notice that his Derby car is a Polar Bear (I know, for those that know him...go figure right?).   The fun in this layout is definitely in the details!  And to make this collection, there is a corresponding key on Close To My Heart's Artiste' cartridge!  BONUS!
 

The journaling reads: 
"Gabriel's first Pinewood Derby brought much pride and excitement for the boys.  Gabriel was the designer and architect of his Polar Bear car.  He definitely should have earned an award for the most creative/unique car (of course, that is just Mommy's opinion!)!
When asked how he created his Derby car, this is what Gabriel explained:  "I drawed the car on the paper.  Then Daddy copied it on the block of wood.  Daddy cut my car with the saw.  Grandaddy watched.  Then we painted my car white.  Next, Grandmommy drawed it on the white car and then she painted Percy's face and paws.  Then we added the wheels and my car was ready to race.  When my car raced, my car always got in second place and in the last race it got in last place."
Left side.
 
Right Side.
 
 Details.
 
Supplies used:  Later Sk8er Paper Collection (available 2/1); Green and Blue Epoxy Assortment (available 2/1); Dimensional Letters P, O, L, Q (altered to A), E and R; Outdoor Denim Exclusive Ink Pad; Artiste' Cricut Cartridge; 3-d Foam Tape.  Sketch designed by Cherri O'Neal.

Note: This layout is a being offered as a Sassfully Chirping Class and is available in kit form as well. For details, and to see how you can purchase the Artiste' cartridge with great savings, click here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment