Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Convention Album Layout Contest - Layout Three

This is one of the layouts that I made for the Album contest and a layout that I adore.  Why?  This series of pictures are some of my most precious possessions: in fact the larger photograph is probably my all time favorite picture of my children.  I have wanted to scrapbook it since it was taken but could never find the papers and embellishments that I felt did the pictures justice.  After hours, and hours of debating, I am happy with what I came up with. 

Full Spread

Left Page

Right Page

The Flourish here was gently laid down to overlap the layers of the papers, photo mats and photos some of which were raised up with 3-d foam tape.  At the intricate places where the flourish would move from one layer to the next, I gently snipped the flourish and adhered the flourish section on each layer so that it continues across the mats. 


For the other flourish accents, I simply cut apart the Sparkle Flourishes in places that it made sense and added them to my layout.  I love the flourish around the ribbon above.  It just "fit" what the space needed.  And below, the flourish helped to secretly adhere the vellum that contained the journaling. 


For the flourish that embellishes the title piece, the flourish is placed so that it went underneath the Cricut Cut letters that are raised with 3-d foam.  In a few select spaces, I clipped the flourish so that it would keep it's position.  For the letters themselves, the "star" words are Dimensional elements covered with B&T paper.  The words "light" and "bright" are also cut from Art Philosophy but are just cardstock.


Supplies used: 
New England Cardstock
Evensong Creative Basics (retired)
Vellum (retired)

The journaling reads:
“…first star I see tonight.  Wish I may, wish I might have this wish I wish tonight.”  Our first “wish” of this Christmas night was for one, JUST ONE, photograph of my three children where they were all cooperating, no tears, smiling and looking at the camera. Apparently, that was a little too much to ask of a six month old, one and half year old and three year old.   After about an hour of trying, and unable to get that perfect picture, Mommy resolved that our Christmas picture would just have to look candid.   But then about an hour later, there was a sparkle: the children fell asleep under the tree still in their celebration best.  When I looked down at the three of them sleeping so peaceful, I couldn’t help but make a “real” Christmas wish on the stars for my children.  I wished for them to have true happiness in their lives, to have friendships, and love; for their safe keeping and protection and for their good health; for them to have self confidence and adventure; to know the Lord; and for them to grow up knowing how very much they have changed and brightened my life and made me complete.  "


No comments:

Post a Comment