Thursday, September 22, 2011

Scrap Purple - efforts for hope!

On Friday, September 30th, 2011, my Relay for Life team, Team Awesome, will be hosting a Scrap Purple Crop to raise funds for the American Cancer Society. The event will be held at the Timberville Church of the Brethren from 6-10PM in the fellowship hall. This crop is open to the public. For attendees who wish to work on projects, there is a $15 crop fee which includes a Level 2 Sonoma paper pack & My Stickease set. You will be able to use your Sonoma supplies to create one of several projects including this layout below, a second layout option, a 6" x 6" card set, a Quick Pix Mini-Album, or you can come up with your own use for the materials. Additional cash & carry complimenting items will be available to add to your layout/projects. We will also have a raffle, baked items, and handmade paper crafts available for purchase and donation. For more information, or to RSVP, e-mail me at: inallsassiness@juno.com. Kits of projects are also available for those interested but cannot attend. Shipping charges may apply.
For all papercrafters who would like to make a Close To My Heart purchase to benefit this cause, reference the code: TeamAwesome9302011 and 20% of the sales generated on their order placed between September 6th-20th will be donated. All orderees names will be placed in a drawing for a $50 Scrapbooking Gift Certificate at the end of the event.

For more details, order specials, or to register, contact Tonya Sheridan by e-mail at: inallsassiness@juno.com, by phone at: 540-860-0528 or visit: www.ctmh.com/tonyasheridan. Images of the projects can be found on my blog at: inallsassiness.com.

This is one of the layout options that can be created at the crop.  I have used the layout to showcase pictures from a few years ago when my best friend, her husband, and myself completed the Chicago 1/2 Marathon with Team In Training.  I have been searching out the perfect papers to scrapbook this amazing weekend, and just couldn't find the right compliment...until now!  Sonoma worked perfectly!

Layout with left flap closed (using the Flip Flaps!)

 Layout with the left flap open.

 Left side with flap closed.

 Front of Flap

Inside of flap.


Inside of left page.

Right side of layout.

My journaling reads:  "Rocking Chicago 1 mile at a time...
…for 13.1 miles! Training for, fundraising for, and running with Team in Training in the Chicago Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon, has by far been one of the best experiences in my adult life. Words will never be able to express what it has meant to me, or the impact it has had, on my life. I began this adventure because of the love that I have for a friend who has been a major influence to me --she has been there for every major milestone that I have had since high school. Karen, is my best friend's mom, and has had Lymphoma. I began this in honor of Karen, and in the process of this endeavor, I was touched by the support of many and personal stories that warmed my heart...Nathan, Geri's sister and many others who have fought this terrible disease.

I decided to run in the Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon with Karen's daughter Heather & her Husband Paul with Team in Training. Being in Virginia, I wasn't able to train weekly with the Team in Training team, however, you would not have known it! The support I received during the race was absolutely amazing. TNT requested that we add our names to the front of our shirts, and so we did. And to my surprise, all through the race, I heard shouts from the crowds "Go Team" and other encouragements attached with my name! It was empowering & inspiring! And at any point when I passed by a coach or mentor, they would jump in the race, and run side by side with me for a little ways. They didn't know me at all, but it made such a difference!

If you are ever looking for purpose, or to make a difference in the life of others, I highly recommend participating in a Team in Training event. You don't have to be a super star, or fast runner, just an individual with steadfast determination! And you will find that regardless of your finishing time, you are a winner.

Thank you to all who aided in my efforts! Together, you helped me raise over $1700.00 to fight blood cancers! –my blog entry 8/3/09."

Supplies used:  Sonoma Level 2 Paper Pack, Sonoma My Stickease, Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Edge Anchors, Liquid Glass, 3-d Foam and 12" Flip Flap Assortment.  Featured colors:  Bamboo, Smokey Plum, Cocoa and Olive. 

Layout Design is Mixing Elements from Cherish.  My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge:  72 layouts completed.  78 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment