Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh, the snow outside is sparkling...

Okay, well maybe not...we keep having snow false alarms, but the snowflakes in my layout certainly are sparkling...and shimmering too! How you might ask? With Close To My Heart's new Spray pen! Complete with lid! Just add our pearlizing paint and a little water, shake and spritz! And you have instant shimmer! For this layout, I shimmered the snowflakes and letters (that were My Stickease) and the journaling piece.

Here are the step-by-step instructions on making your journaling shimmer!

1. Print journaling on cardstock. (Ensure that your printer ink does not bleed when it gets wet).

2. Cut journaling to desired size.

3. Run journaling piece through Xyron machine.

4. Spritz journaling with paint/water mix.

5. Allow time to dry--a few hours.

6. Adhere to layout.

Try it yourself and let me know what you think!! The pens will be available to purchase February 1st!

The layout design is Bottom Border -Portrait from Reflections.

The Layout Design is from Reflections.

Layout design is Quartet-Columns from Reflections.

This is a pre-designed layout (Level 1) however, I tweaked it to make it my own by replacing the Red Barn colors with Cocoa. I love the combination of the Cocoa with the Indian Corn Blue!

My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge: The left layout has been previously used so this layout counts as 1/2. 54 complete. 96 layouts to go.







No comments:

Post a Comment