Friday, February 12, 2010

Take one design and double it!

I love the flexibility of our design books and paper packs! You can do so many things to manipulate the designs to work for your needs...including doubling them! This layout design was perfect for these particular pictures. They were all pictures from when my daughter was born however the color combinations of the pictures didn't really work well together. I choose to use one of the back sides of the B&T paper that was a little more muted, and the Pinwheel design. By having the majority of the space being filled with pictures, I was then able to have just a little of the B&T paper show and balance the remainder out with a neutral color (Colonial White). This worked well because it enabled a little of the pattern to show and it pulled the pictures and the papers together.

I also dyed the Spring Blossom flowers with Juniper re-inker and was delighted with the color result!

This is the last of 4 layouts that is included in my Scrap and Save workshop this weekend.



Materials: Tweezers, Juniper Re-inker, Just Blooms Spring Blossoms, Spring Blossom Mini Medleys - Juniper (Bitty Brads & Bigger Brads), Key To My Heart Level 2 Paper Pack, Colonial White & Juniper Cardstock and CTMH Aristocrat Font. Layout Design: Reflections - Quartet Pinwheel then repeated the same design for the second side. My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge: 150 layouts. This would be 1/2 a layout so...6 1/2 down. 143 1/2 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment