Saturday, June 13, 2009

I run in memory of one more...

As most of you know, I am in the middle of training for a 1/2 marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I began this journey because a dear friend of mine had survived Lymphoma. But as I talk to more people, and share what I am doing, and why, I am touched more and more by the stories that others have shared with me. Just this evening, I was talking with one of my colleagues at work, who I think the world of, and she shared with me that her husband had lived with Leukemia for 7 years before losing his fight. I asked her to write a few words about her husband that I could put it on my Team in Training Fundraising Page. This is what she wrote:

N ice
A lways Loving
T rustworthy
H My Hero
A lways there for me
N ever Negative

B rave through sickness
O ther people first
L ots of fun
T houghtful
O utgoing
N ever far from my mind
I was touched by Margaret's thoughts. She is a remarkable woman. And her husband was a remarkable man. A Christian. A man who gave of himself effortlessly. Who taught Sunday School each week. And a man who never once complained about the pain, or the treatments.
I am running for Nathan. And all of those who cannot run for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment