Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blending the old with the new...

Have I mentioned that I can't get enough of the "awesomeness" of scrapbooking? What other craft can you blend new "hot-off-the-press" supplies with well-loved retired ones, and still have a finished project that makes you say WOW?? That is just what I did when I created this layout for the Just Me Series. The colors I chose (Heavenly Blue & Chocolate) were inspired by a fellow CTMH colleague almost a year ago, as with the concept of using accents as bullet points in the journaling. I built the layout from there, adding my own touches where desired. I love how the now-retired Heavenly Blue & Colonial White My Accents blended so well with the newer Chocolate Mini-Medley and the new Heavenly Blue & Chocolate Ribbon Rounds! The alphabet I choose was our Large Chocolate alphabet.


Tip: To create the flowers, simply add a Circle Window Charm to a piece of Heavenly Blue (or choice color) cardstock. Trim off excess cardstock. Then, using 3-d Foam Squares, attach to the center of the Just Blooms Big Pinks Flower. Adhere the flower to the page with Glue Dots for a tight hold.

Other supplies used: Corner Rounder, SpongeDaubers, Chocolate Exclusive Ink.

To see the detailed views of this layout, click here.


Why am I posting this layout now? All of the buzz with the mystery "Goodie" boxes that CTMH is promoting this month has reminded me that the oldies are definitely still goodies!! And many of the items in the boxes are retired! So, what better time to stock up?

For those of you who are following my month long (although now it is two months long--lol!) Nat'l Scrapbook Challenge, I completed the following challenges with this layout:

#5 Hand Stamped a Title.

#16 Use an arrow photo clip.

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment