Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Level 1 kits...just the boost needed!

Close To My Heart does a great job with offering a variety of How - To programs! I love the versatility for having so many creative choices. Typically, I use Level 2 packs which are a combination of background & textured papers and coordinating cardstocks, but for an upcoming workshop, I used a level 1 kit and was delighted with the results! The level 1 kits have the basics of a layout already completed for you. You can then make it your own by adding additional papers, embellishments, journaling and your photographs. They make creating so easy! For my layout, I added vellum as in-between photo mats which worked great with downplaying the colors a little. It also worked great to compliment the waters in the photographs. Not sure how I got so lucky that my title was all able to come from one set of the My Stickease letters, but it must have just been "to be". I also used clear craft buttons and waxy flax to add that finishing touch.

Left side. Reflections: Title Topper-Basic.
Right side. Reflections. Title Topper-Billboard. Rotated.
Supplies: Let's Get Together Level 1 Paper Pack & My Stickease. Clear Craft buttons. Colonial White, Buttercup & Cranberry Waxy Flax, vellum, Garden Green & Cranberry Cardstock.

My Ultimate Scrapbooking Challenge. 150 layouts. 9 completed. 141 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment