Saturday, September 1, 2018

The "attach" Cricut function...

Have you experimented with the "attach" feature on your Cricut in Design Space?  I have used it quite often, but CTMH just shared a very cool technique last week on their blog that takes this feature to new levels!  They show you how to attach a design to your workspace and the design stays in the same space.  Very awesome!  Here is the link to this technique:

https://blog.closetomyheart.com/2018/08/23/using-attach-in-cricut-design-space/

So, having studied this technique, and with a lot of trial and error (but that is the way that I learn best), I learned to create a flourishing cluster of circles down my layout.  I am delighted with how it turned out!

This is the next layout in my Sassy and Magical Disney Layout series, and the final of four layouts that I am teaching in my "An Afternoon with Mickey" tomorrow.  I have to say it is my favorite of the four...but then again, maybe that is because it took me almost 11 hours to design and perfect.  A true labor of love!  And really who doesn't love Red, yellows and blacks with Mickey??  


The photo isn't as clear as I had hoped...I will try to take a new one tomorrow but I was just too excited to wait!  You can click on the photo to see it larger in a new window.  The flourish of circles is cut from the black and the colors are adhered to the back of the layout.  Each of the flowers is doubled showcasing the two tones of our Candy Apple Red and Lemon colors.  There are so many little details in this layout...part of what makes it so magical I guess!

Here are a few of the detail pics:




All of the cuts were collectively from Close To My Heart Cricut cartridges.

You are welcome to join us tomorrow at the Gathering Place in Harrisonburg, VA from 12:30-4:30PM.  This will be the 4th class at 3:30PM.  You may also purchase the layout kit in my In All Sassiness Designs shop, or I have the Digital file available as well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment