Sunday, May 20, 2018

Now Showing....Movie Night

Summer screams out for movies...blockbusters, love stories, family movies...the entire cinema is at our fingertips...whether that be at home on a rainy day, at a drive-in on a clear summer night, or at the theaters on a super hot day.  Who can't help but love a night at the movies right?  Close To My Heart's newest stamp set (D1788) Movie Night is introduced at just the perfect time!  And as soon as I saw it, I couldn't help partner it with our retiring Stargazer paper...to create a 5 star layout! (click on the photo to see a larger image)



Special Features:  When creating the layout, I couldn't help but incorporate the cute little verses, or bullet points, that are included in the stamp set...I filled in the film slide randomly with these phrases... and then had to add the little popcorn pieces because really, popcorn and movies come hand in hand right?


The title was created in Circut Design Space with our exclusive Artiste' cartridge.  I welded the two words together to create a more unique look and then because I had to add some bling, I cut the title out of Black Glitter Paper.  The film protector and the "stop", "pause" and "play" icons were all stamped to add additional fun.


Additional stamping was used to create the pennant titles.


And that is it!  The layout is now ready to just add any personal details, and of course, pictures!

For my personal layout, I added a title that I created with a combination of Art Philosophy and the Star Wars - The Force is With Us cartridges.  I used a lot of patience (some of it wasn't pretty I must add), Canary and Black cardstock.  We are anxiously awaiting Solo's arrival at the theaters next weekend and I guarantee pictures will be taken!



If you would like to purchase a kit for this layout, you may do so in my In All Sassiness Designs shop.  It is available for $15.00 by itself or $30.00 with the stamp set.

Supplies used:

Cricut Cuts:
banners - Artiste' (retired); "Movie Night" Artiste' (retired) - ; filmstrip - Artbooking; 
tag for Solo title - Art Philosophy (retired)
Star Wars label - Star Wars: The Force Is With Us

No comments:

Post a Comment